Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Can’t go wrong with the marble colored pick guards :grin:

3 Likes

Nice job @joeike,
nice tone :+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I like these. I have been wanting to get a P bass for a little while now, and I saw one of these in a killer blue color for sale on the local Offer Up.
Not in position to buy right now, more in position to trade, but they didn’t want to trade.
I have 3 LTD basses and I like them all.

4 Likes

Nice tone on that bass @joeike

5 Likes

This is my bass. Ibanez. The neck is “new” cause the old one had a wonky truss rod. The action was too high. Incidently the neck is 1 inch longer than the previous one but thinner and more slippery. I put rotosound 88’s on it instead of the diaddario roundwounds. Totally different sound. I’m not sure about the longer scale but the e does sound fatter. Muddier mellow. Peace.

9 Likes

@wayoutenator I guess you must be Cori then :wink:

2 Likes

Here are some drawings and designs for

my bass… cardboard is so friendly…

8 Likes

Also this one

6 Likes

Ha! Not me. Cori plays the Violin. Names Andy. Nice to meet you.

3 Likes

Is your screen name a Phineas & Ferb reference?

2 Likes

Hey Andy, nice to meet you too! Sorry to hear you’re not the one who’s the rock star in your home :wink:

2 Likes

This is some wood I got locally from a friend who is building a boat with this stuff. Black Locust. I feel it could be a very viable tone wood. I’m no luthier, but I play one on TV. Fast growing and dense. I’m going to try you use it to make a bass. He gave me another stick the other day and it has a live edge on the bark back. Will post that at a later time.

4 Likes

I don’t know that one. It is my email. I should change it. Wayoutenator comes from wayoutsculpture. A site i used to have.

3 Likes

yeah. I’m in training…

2 Likes

Oh, then you are way more legit than a cartoon!

On Phineas & Ferb the evil genius makes a machine in each episode and it nearly always has “-inator” as the suffix of its name.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one as I’m sure others are as well! There are some build threads around this site someplace.

2 Likes

audio engineer. Nice. You can help me with the electronics? Talk to me about cords. I recently got a roland from sweetwater. it is not silent. could be the amp or me but there is a small hum.

1 Like

I moved this conversation . . .

3 Likes

So my first, and thus far only bass, ESP LTD B50. It happened, that my friend who wanted to sell his old bass is left-handed like me, so I got a decent beginner leftie bass from him. I am now thinking of upgrading for a very slightly more high-end bass.

14 Likes

Came in the mail yesterday.

This thing feels ridiculously fast.

17 Likes

Love my basses…

18 Likes