Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Love my Elite. It was pricey, but so worth it.

3 Likes

Nice axe! Maybe you should learn bass with your feet so you can mando with your hands at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Okay, I’m really liking this emerging theme of cats photobombing the bass photos… wish I had a kitty around so I could add my own. :yum:

8 Likes

It was either the perm or a new bass, this is what I chose…

33 Likes

Ooh, pretty!!!

2 Likes

This Peavey Grind is my 3rd bass. The other 2 were really cheap and crappy, but a good way to start and not spend tons of money not knowing if I would like it. The only reason I bought this particular bass was because I loved the look. I started playing when my church needed a bass player and I didn’t have anything else better to do, so I bought a dvd and started 3 weeks later. I played every week for 5 years. It was a terrifying experience, with not a lot of training, and no musical background. When we moved, I found myself longing the bass playing so I am trying to get back into it and learning what I should have learned to start with. I just didn’t know back then. I have forgotten a lot since then, so I am glad to have found Josh and this awesome training. This bass is really heavy (many back aches) and even though I have been playing with 5 strings, It is overwhelming for some reason. I’m gonna get a 4 string bass at some point. I have really appreciated the bass and amp extras videos with this course. It will help when I make the next purchase.

14 Likes

Nice looking bass. I couldn’t even imagine playing for the public after 3 weeks…yikes!!!

2 Likes

Lol. I think I’ll save my feet for running. :grinning:

2 Likes

Replace it? I know it may look dated but it’s got some fantastic tones in there. Pickup configuration is actually quite useful. A friend of mine had one and he tricked it out with a D-tuner. Easy to play and kinda hard to get here in England!

4 Likes

Hi again. See my 2 trusty companions Homers 1 & 2 here. Homer 2 is in development and will hopefully incorporate some interesting tech over the coming months. Homer 1 just, well, is.

Apologies for the training wheel stickers. We all have to start somewhere.

13 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! So you cut the neck/body wood and everything yourself? On the bass, not the dog, of course.

And yeah I think I see the resemblance of the headstock to another brand… :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep us in the loop about new bass tech, very intriguing!

3 Likes

The source of my inspiration. Marcus Miller at the St Emilion Jazz Festival

4 Likes

That was a cool video. He has his thumb planted on the E the whole time.

2 Likes

Never noticed - was just enthralled by the pitch shifting pedal he was using.

1 Like

He does move to the pickup cover sometimes. But also since he’s using an octave pedal, he’s not using his E string as much as he normally might.

2 Likes

This beautiful gal doesn’t have a name yet, but I got her about a month and a half ago, and I love her so. :two_hearts:
(Please excuse the cheesy FB frame decoration, lol)

16 Likes

t-rex arms! so funny. I also have a short scale because I simply cannot reach anything on a regular scale bass.

4 Likes

My main bass is a Fender Jazz Bass, just love it. I also have a Hofner violin bass it’s short scale and has that early Beatles sound.

4 Likes

I have a standard Jazz, and I’m about to pull the trigger on a fretless P. I can work them, but it’s so much easier with a short scale. On the regulars scale, I don’t have the reach, so I’m practicing sliding.

3 Likes

Pretty! I like those basses a lot.

Classics! I’d love to add a Hoftner-style bass to my repertoire, if only to amuse myself at home playing along with Paul. :slight_smile:

3 Likes