I’ve taken @T_dub’s advice and just crammed as many basses in as I can :smiley:

18 Likes

Unmmmm…we shall see.

Hahahahahaha

Great collection!!

9 Likes

Those are all Fenders. You’re just getting started! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time I have said that!
Hold on,I’d have $6 or $7 dollars :joy:

10 Likes

Hahaha, well there is the double bass too I guess. Oh, and that old bronco bass to refurb. Um, and an acoustic upstairs for quick practice.

Hm, you’re right, it just goes on and on forever doesn’t it :slight_smile:

Haha, oh well, it’s a nice journey to have!

6 Likes

I can’t believe I still have to point these things out to you.
You can easily fit a longer rack in that space. And the bass that has some orange on it needs to be more visible. :rofl:

Very nice collection.
Let’s see, you have P basses, Leo’s first. you have J basses, Leo’s 2nd.
I think you know where this is going.

5 Likes

@T_dub where do you buy and sell all those guitars man?

Seems like you find great deals and then make money on even the lower end gear.

As a lefty I’m striking out on finding good gear.

I’m getting mixed reviews on the SR300E so I’m thinking on spending the extra dough and getting a new Schecter Stiletto or the ESP LTD B 4 string one.

The Stingray has me unsure, while some praise it, and I do like it, it doesn’t really wow me over all. Maybe it’s because they literally only have one single model for lefties.

Anyway, point being the used market I’m seeing even the good used gear is overpriced.

5 Likes

Hey all, new here. Loving the course so far.

This is what I’m playing, my Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Special.

Really love the instrument. Plays beautifully.

19 Likes

New Jersey Guitar & Bass has an entire lefty section, btw

4 Likes

I spoke with the guy, and I’ll be checking out their inventory. Thanks, @John_E

5 Likes

God I just love this bass. The more I play it the more it just feels right. The neck is way better than my Ibanez. I know, heresy.

The resonance is excellent, I just fret a string and get a note. I can do hammerons easily where it was a struggle before. Probably due ro a combination of the woods, neck through design, and through body strings, but I find it easier to play than anything else I have picked up. Which is probably not the scae objectively, it just suits me. Schecter fanboi in the making.

3 Likes

Awesome, another Stingray player. :+1: :+1:
And welcome.

4 Likes

Offer Up, a phone app for local sales. it used to be Offer Up and Let Go, but Offer Up bought Let Go and combined them.
If you log on thru a web browser, you can change zip codes and look in other markets and find all sorts of cool stuff, But I bought and sold all the basses locally, I have bought a couple pedals from out of town or state, and had them shipped.

3 Likes

Where?

3 Likes

Yes sir! Thank you.

3 Likes

I am guessing User Reviews. I would be a little critical of it myself. It is a fine bass for the money, but I think there are better in the price range.
I loved the Ibanez’s that I had at first, but they ended up feeling really flimsy to me. I am a pretty big guy, so you can take that comment with a grain of sale, and it is just my opinion, not necessarily how it is actually constructed.

1 Like

I’ve never owned a 300e but I have checked out several 500e and higher and they were all excellent. I would not describe any of them as flimsy. Light, yes, but that’s an advantage, not a disadvantage.

300e’s might be different? Dunno, but my impression was they were pretty well regarded.

I can see where you are going with the price range though. Lots of excellent basses in that range. Yamaha TRBX304, for example - fantastic. The BB234 is outstanding too. A few of the ESP’s in that range, as well. Low end Sterlings at a bit higher.

3 Likes

What year is that.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the black hardware on the Stingray’s. I prefer body color other then black, but I will say that black out Ray is pretty sick. Does it have black headstock, or is the rest of the neck and headstock roasted maple?
I don’t know there color schemes OTTOMH, but I thought the newest black out had roasted maple neck and fretboard, but I only mean 2021, the Special has been around since 2018, and they change colors yearly I believe.

I love that Speed Blue one I think it is called on the Web right now.

This is my Dream Stingray.

A50B5248-BB16-4C3F-BB55-D9FA8E3A26BA_4_5005_c

Well, or this one, either will do, but I prefer the black hardware and translucent Orange finish. Love the fretboards and headstocks. They both have the fretboard, just harder to see it on the first one.

8 Likes

Like I said, this was a very subjective opinion, relating specifically to me. But I can see mixed reviews on this if he is looking at USER reviews, because, just like that, if I didn’t clarify it was my opinion, subject to me and my physical strength and size that, then it is harder for somebody to know that to think about it.
As far as flimsy, the neck being so thin, and the body also very thin, and the neck pocket seems not so deep, so to ME, I could do Billy Sheehan neck bends with easy, and sometimes when not trying.
I also had two USED (although in very good shape, one sold and returned to Guitar Center) instruments, and they were approx from the 2010 era.

So, again, if looking thru user reviews, unless you actually strike up a conversation with the people reviewing and ask for more details about their review, it can be daunting and next to impossible to formulate an accurate opinion, ESPECIALLY since a bass is such a personal thing, that no matter what, you won’t know until you have it in your hands.

Not only in your hands, but have it for enough time to properly evaluate the bass, PLUS have had time with other basses to have a bass line (pun intended) for which to compare it too.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s so true. There’s just no way really to tell without playing them yourself.

3 Likes