Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

There she is.

19 Likes

Did you ever upgrade that one?

This would make a KILLER Preamp for it. A 1978 MM Clone

And you could get decent mid grade pick up, and it should sound awesome, really old school smooth, for that awesome old school look and feel that bass already has to it.
Kent Armstrong, RadioTone or Wilkinson Or something like that.

Here is another RadioTone that is not coming from Russia, but the UK instead. Pretty much same price.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great messages. Musically, yes like many of us I’ve been around the block a few times. I was influenced to get on bass by New Model Army and seeing that fast picking gave me the idea of the bass being so integral to the body of music. Said to myself, thats’s for me, in some capacity, yes, I am a Bassist.

2 Likes

That’s just about the most beautiful color combo out there. I had one for a bit, but returned it because of the skinny neck. For some reason when I switched from Ibanez to a P-clone, I got really used to the fatter neck and couldn’t (wouldn’t??) deal with the skinny one. I know it’s only about 3/16" difference at the nut, but for some reason it makes a huge diff to me.

That said, I loved everything else about this bass, so I ordered a Ray clone from Thomann which has a 1.65" nut.

Man, she’s a beaut!

2 Likes

Nice bass.
Thats same as my GO TO bass, and I have a Ray34 and a Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray Slo Special, and I still play this one most.

I did change to an Aguilar Pickup, and got me a little flashier pickguard, but I still LOVE this bass.

As you can see, I have worn the matte finish to a darker smoother finish right there where my forearm rubs on it. My neck is also has a smooth shine to it from playing so much. It is not like a neck with a clear coat or finish on it, it still feels great, cuz it is broken in.

10 Likes

and bullet proof!

4 Likes

TBH, it is FAUX diamond plate. They do make real ones, Al @Al1885 has one, but there were not any available when I got this. Bummer too, cuz they were same price.

5 Likes

@T_dub well still cool. With a real one in case of a shootout everyone hides behind the bassist.

4 Likes

It’s here! After 10 days on a truck, which normally takes 5, she’s here.

Letting her adjust while I get a strap. Will hear her sing soon

22 Likes

Looks fantastic!

Time or order a few rack extension kits!

4 Likes

Beautiful , I love all three .

3 Likes

Three stunners right there!

3 Likes

Awesome! Love the T-birds, I’ve got the Epi Classic IV Pro. Just swapped in a Hipshot bridge and now it’s even better! And agree 100% on the “not as heavy as it look” my Yammy TRBX is a fair bit heavier. At least it feels that way to me.
LOWlife

4 Likes

Nice @Pontoon! What’s the difference with the hipshot bridge? You gotta love a t-bird!

2 Likes

Trade in my ESP LTD C-10 (my first bass, got it back in '03) and my Hofner shorty (neck dive was worse than a regular ignition). I picked up this little number to fill the gap. Amahi UB-BASS01. I have been wanting to try one of these. Plugged in, it sounds like a huge double bass. This will be fun!

16 Likes

So trouble in Paradise, mybe you can help with an opinion.

Bass plays fine in passive mode, EQ off

When I turn it to active mode, I get static without even touching the bass

When I cut the mid range by 70%, I lose all sound. When I cut bas or treble, I lose base or treble.

I think there is a flaw in the wiring/EQ. What say you?

6 Likes

Sounds like a flaw @Wombat-metal !
Bugger. And she looks so good

3 Likes

Sure does, call them. They will either pay to have you have it fixed locally or send another one.

3 Likes

Definitely sounds defective.

3 Likes

Biggest plus for me so far is set up is way easier. Originally had the stock 3 point float bridge, which I had a hell of a time setting up. And seem to never go back the same way after taking tension off the strings. Finicky bastard. This Hipshot took no time at all, everything stays in place. Haha! It’s also a bit heavier, which has killed the neck dive, extra bonus.
THUNDERBIRDS!

10 Likes