Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

First of two arriving today, luck of the draw weather delayed bunch them up together. Both will have Nordstrand pickups, 2 on the same day, lol.

This is Ibanez EBH1506MS. My first 6 string and multi scale and currently the only headless I own. Actually no, I own 2 traveler basses, lol.

I thought the 6 string would give me a problem or the multi scale neither is a problem, the 6 string neck is a bit wide but they are thin and quite comfortable not to mention the whole bass weight less than 8 lbs.

The multi scale is pretty cool and fun. Try a couple of songs and I can see that I could just plant my hand in just any of the 5 frets up and down the string. There’s some learning to do, lol but the main reason for this is to learn and expand my chords.

Surprisingly the headless would probably take the longest to get used to, lol.

Ah! Now the second bass has arrived, the Chapman ML-B1. It has Nordstrand blade pickups and upgraded hardwares. Beautiful neck through design with a comfortable back carved 24 fret fingerboard. Feels really good.

Also printed the Tim Commerford bass ramp it’s a perfect fit, hopefully I get to CNC one out of ebony soon.

20 Likes

Two gorgeous looking basses. Nice

3 Likes

Thanks @Wombat-metal I love how the B string sing.

4 Likes

Very Noice Basses

4 Likes

Oh man… that Chapman is to die for.

5 Likes

Very nice basses. Enjoy!

4 Likes

it’s almost hard not to feel somehow responsible… buy a bass from Ukraine, Russia invades the next today. Package against all odds makes it to Lviv, and the very next day Lviv is hit with missiles o.O

1 Like

Remind me to never sell you anything.

7 Likes

Mental note: never ever ever visit @Koldunya after the cursed bass arrives

7 Likes

@Koldunya 's shipping woes almost make me feel lighthearted about mine. I ordered a few random things on the 11th (NO BASS); today, the 18th, here’s the journey my package from Sweetwater has taken. So far.
New Haven, IN > Perrysburg, OH > Gaithersburg, MD (which is 25 minutes from me) > Port St. Lucie, FL > Orlando, FL > Davenport, FL (where it is now)

W the actual F

3 Likes

“This was the most expedient way to get it to you” - Fedex, probably.

At least it hasn’t been lost, yet?

And tbh, so it’s very clear to everyone and anyone (this isn’t targeting you or anyone lol, I’m just talking about it, now), I don’t really GAF about a shitty bass guitar; the humanitarian crisis is much more important a problem. It’s just amusing to follow this package’s journey, and levity is often a coping mechanism in the face of adversity.

4 Likes

Oh I definitely did not think you care more about the bass than, you know, humanity. Sometimes it’s easier to talk about horrible things through more…circuitous ways. Like the postal system in wartime. All good.

I was just looking for a thread where I could complain about Fedex and still be semi-on topic. :grin:

5 Likes

Please explain the concepts mentioned here, makes no sense.
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I bought some things that were Bass-adjacent, that I will use with the bass I currently own. So think of it as an additional shipment for the bass I bought in November. :smiley:

Additional thought, @Koldunya : you bought a thing from someone in Ukraine. You sent money to someone in Ukraine. You have provided humanitarian aid. (not even kidding)

5 Likes

The thought hadn’t even begun to speculate about the possibility of crossing my mind!

(with apologies to Douglas Adams)

3 Likes

Poses a conundrum. What to do if it shows up on your doorstep?

1 Like

I have lots of thoughts about this particular situation. I had a friend who was in the Ukraine army and was killed in 2014 by a Russian soldier who “was not” in Ukraine.

But I try to avoid politics. Though I have a hankering to post Country Joe Mcdonald and the Fish in a music thread

3 Likes

I’ve been told I have to make a war movie about it.

1 Like

Koldunya’s Heroes as a working title

2 Likes

Yes, I know how that feels.
On July 17, 2014, a passenger flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, with 298 people on board, 193 of which were Dutch (one of which I knew vaguely), was shot down using a Russian missile, launched from a BUK, a Russian self-propelled medium-range system, by the 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Russian Federation – which, according to Putin, “was not there”.
In the face of overwhelming evidence, the Kremlin has tried several (often contradictory) narratives, the common denominator being “we didn’t do it”.

So yeah, the Ukrainians and the Dutch generally get on quite well.

3 Likes