Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

This guy doesn’t live far from me. He had 5 star ratings and I tried to build a similar Warmoth on their website. It would have been quite a bit more to put this together with the components he has. Can’t wait to get it. Edit…he just called me and is going to bring it to me at my job tomorrow. Talk about A1 service!

5 Likes

The seller brought it to me and it is spotless. Although it is 15 years old, I could not find a mark on it anywhere. I hope it plays and sounds as awesome as it looks.

5 Likes

Pictures? @EddieJones :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Dang @Mac ! Forget what I said about 70’s era Fender basses. That thing is sweet! I want to feel that neck.

Back then, you would tape it to the lower horn. These days people talk about using gaffer tape for “low residue” but those in the know go with vintage silver-gray duct tape for better tone, punch, and low end clarity.

Seriously, I knew a guy, he inherited his grand-fathers tool box. Inside was the gnarliest old roll of duct tape. He used it for his battery and that J bass had tone for days. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ll get them when I get home

5 Likes

What a beauty, @Mac!

4 Likes

Holy Cannoli, Eddie! That’s a whole mess o’ purdy right there! Congrats!

4 Likes

18 Likes

Just got this today! Yamaha TRBX504 only paid 450 cad for it!

20 Likes

That is a stealthy bass right there.

6 Likes

the slappability on this bass is outstanding. I can play slap bass now. He put new Fender rounds on it. They feel rougher than my Jazz rounds but slap a whole lot better.

15 Likes

Twin humbucker Yammy. Yummy!

5 Likes

Fender rounds feel like playing a cheese grater to me

7 Likes

Looks really good @EddieJones

6 Likes

It does, it’s a gorgeous bass

7 Likes

@EddieJones That bass looks absolutely lovely

7 Likes

@jadenbenjolsen i have a TRBX604 which is very similar, I think you are going to love your new bass.

7 Likes

Yep me too, was going to say the same. The 504 is a great bass.

6 Likes

Both great basses @EddieJones & @jadenbenjolsen !

6 Likes

How does Quilted Maple vs Maple, affect the tone? :nerd_face: #tonewood

5 Likes