Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Ibanez GSR200 and SR505EPB

Cort Action Dlx V-plus

Amp and cab (Ampeg PF-350 + 15" Ampeg cab), (not pictured is my travel cab (Phil Jones CAB27), which is boxed up for travel to Mexico).

14 Likes

What is the gold pedal? It looks like an MXR preamp.

2 Likes

It’s actually more green, but the lighting was bad. It’s a MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe.

3 Likes

My first and only bass, really enjoying playing it so far and the tone is nice too.

It’s a Brunswick TBJBA

12 Likes

very cool that your only is acoustic :+1:

7 Likes

Famous last words :joy:

9 Likes

Truly infamous and comically tragic last words.

Welcome to the jungle.

8 Likes

Welcome, @mikejayjay. Glad you’re here. Why not pop over to the Introduce Yourself and tell you us about yourself so the group can welcome you to the family?

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Says no bass player, especially in THIS forum. I wish you the best of luck sticking to this @mikeyjayjay :smiley:

7 Likes

We are a den of enablers, living our best bass lives vicariously through the purchases of others.

…and, of course, our own. :smiley:

10 Likes

100% correct! We also like spending other people’s money :smiley:

9 Likes

Only when it’s possible, which is scarily often. :laughing:

8 Likes

@athosmr2003 I fear I’ve been mistaken :yum:

By first and only I meant it’s the only bass I own. I’m under no illusions regards future bass ownership - I’m all too aware of my willpower (or lack thereof!) :laughing:

11 Likes

Just be warned we are especially bad at talking you out of a purchase

10 Likes

@Wombat-metal I’m not so sure - on my thread about a hollowbody acoustic bass people are trying pretty hard to persuade me to not buy it and go electric instead…

Though I’ll confess plenty of sound logic has been used

8 Likes

Note that no one advised that you buy nothing. :laughing:

A few of us liked the looks of the Aria acoustic you cited, and the rest advised that you buy a more standard, non-acoustic electric bass instead.

But, in true BassBuzzer fashion, essentially everyone suggested you buy something. :wink:

8 Likes

This is something we’re all pretty good at doing :smiley:

9 Likes

Ha, that’s true on all counts

Just encouraging my fledgling habits, the nice bunch you all are.

8 Likes

6 Likes