Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Well, there I was… Just minding my own business when BAM!

Another bass showed up :rofl:

Picked up a Player Series Jazz Bass in Capri Orange to go with my Fretless. Figured I should have a comparable fretted bass so I don’t learn bad habits :wink:

14 Likes

Ooh, @howard is about to slap :grin:

2 Likes

I love my B string and it loves me back

4 Likes

Ohhhh SEXY Howard!!! (the bass I mean…lol)

She looks beautiful!

2 Likes

Haha thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of those Supro basses came up at right money so I grabbed it.
The tonal range is incredible.
It’s just so much fun to play, it’s hard to put it down.

14 Likes

Very nice, @Mark_D! . . . :wink:

Congrats, and wish you good luck with it.

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

that’s a good instrument, then ! :sunglasses: not common and very nice looking, I love it !

4 Likes

My first.

My second.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see the third, @kahiona42 :rofl:

3 Likes

Love that Purple Kahiona!

2 Likes

Nice…Mark_D! Reminds me of a Gibson SG in a way. Very cool! And holy beefy bridges batman!

4 Likes

SGs look great but I think it looks much cooler than a SG :slight_smile:

That grain is gorgeous. Love the satin job on the neck and the way they blend it - that’s a nice touch they didn’t have to do, but did anyway.

I have read nothing but universal love for those Supros, @Mark_D - looks like an awesome bass. They are a go-to recommendation for short scales most places I see them brought up. When I was considering one, those were a common recommendation.

4 Likes

Wowza a purple 'Ray - how cool!

2 Likes

@kahiona42 Welcome to BassBuzz! When you have time, stop by the Introduce Yourself thread.

Ahh that Tagima. I’ve heard of these but haven’t seen one in the wild. Build quality is supposed to be very good. Have you had a chance to compare it to the Fender Jazz it’s based on?

2 Likes

Dang. That’s pretty.

2 Likes

it’s more based on a P … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That purple Stingray is the business. Love the black hardware on it, too.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the likes and positive comments for my Supro :slight_smile:

Funnily enough the SG was high on the list of possibles. In fact I wanted either a mahogany Greco (not Gibson) SG or a Reverend Wattplower, which is very much SG derived.

Then I became aware of the Supro and it knocked the others into the sidelines. Then one came up locally at a knockdown price and I couldnt resist it.

Yes the bridge is very beefy for the size of the instrument. There’s an inset in the saddles that the strings go through, which I’m pretty sure must be something to do with the Piezo.

1 Like

Something similar going on with my Tbird. Can’t say I’d noticed it before. Looks like a sacrificial insert. Theres something reassuring about such a solid bridge and I plan to replace the standard on my TRBX504 - eventually.

1 Like