Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

same color scheme as the Nate Mendel signature PB, love it !

2 Likes

Beautiful. I love Schecter. I have an ‘06 Stilleto Elite 5.
I don’t play it as much because I am still mastering the 4 string, but I love the feel. I am keeping my eyes open , cuz if I can find a great deal on a stilleto 4 string, I am going to get one.

There is one for $400 right now, and it’s worth it, but it’s more then I want to spend right now.

Looking for that GREAT DEAL

2 Likes

My 2017 American Fender Jazz bass I named “Boo Buddy”. (I name all my basses, I recently bought a Schecter Stiletto that I named “Corona” ha ha). He originally had a white pick guard that I replaced with the sparkly gold. I learned how to change strings on my own, pretty proud of myself for that because I usually cannot fix anything!

14 Likes

I like it… but then again I’m partial to jazz basses.
I thik I’d have liked it with a white pick guard as well.
I have to admit that I don’t understand why Fender never does colour-coordinated headstocks…

2 Likes

Yeah TBH I kind of think everything about Fender headstocks are bland. The size and shape, the tuners, the lack of either matching color or being black :slight_smile:

Of course they make up for this by being great tonally. No one ever lost a gig because they showed up with a P-bass.

It’s funny because I think Fender’s choice of colors for the body are amazing, especially the pastel-like yellows, greys and blues.

3 Likes

Love my Stiletto Elite 5. Looking for a Schecter 4 string preferably a Stiletto, but they make a lot of really nice basses.

2 Likes

matching headstock Fender exist but are rare !

4 Likes

Apparently.
I mean, this is very nice… but not 24000 euro nice. :confounded:

2 Likes

it exists even without the vintage bullshit and insane price tags

3 Likes

Beautiful bass, @Rebecca.Jean!

But then again, I may be biased . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Yeah, those Quarter Pounds and really pound. I put a set into my Squier PJ. They rock, and they look good too. Recognize them anywhere.

1 Like

I love how many switches the Jags have.

1 Like

fun to look but way less to use, in my opinion :sweat_smile: especially when you want to find back the great tone you had during the last rehersal …

3 Likes

OMG the sparkle gold on white is the absolute BEST!

3 Likes

Yeah looks great!

2 Likes

Hey @jswank59 just saw this message. Sorry for the delay in the answer. The GT1B is very versatile as you already know by owning the GT1. I really enjoyed it when I first got it. Nowadays I’m more inclined to analog effects. There’s something about digital that doesn’t give you the real fell you know.

2 Likes

This is a very good look. Well done.

2 Likes

That pickguard just brings your bass together, great call.

2 Likes

I’m in module 2 so far and loving the lessons! This is my Ibanez SRMS-805. Not having any experience to compare it to it certainly feels good to me and I like the tone that comes out of it. Noon on the pickup balance seems to produce a super smooth and mellow tone while moving off center 20% in either direction gives a rougher more gravel texture that I really like. Off enter toward the bridge a bit is my favorite for just what my ear likes. It’s been suggested to me that the fanned fret concept would be difficult to hear. I haven’t done any math or made measurements; it just seems fun as an idea. We will see if it messes with me when playing straight frets. Greetings all!

6 Likes

Welcome @DaveT!

1 Like