Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I will probably do something with that. I’m not a fan of white pick guards. I put some mileage on it today. I like it. It’s hard to put my finger on exactly why except to say that it has very good manners.

3 Likes

That’s because it just “feels right”.
I fully get that. IDK why ESP LTD’s and Schecter’s and I Ibanez SR’s all just feel right. They all feel a little different from one and other even tho they all have super thin, extremely playable necks, but they all (any I have picked up) feel right, like they were put on this earth for me to play.
I get it, I really do.
They have great manners :wink::wink:

2 Likes

For me it’s usually fast necks that get me. I’m also a sucker for light basses and bright tone.

Have you checked out any of ESP’s other lines? They are more expensive (probably because they are MIJ) than the LTDs but look interesting.

The LTD line is such a good value. And I have never played a bad guitar made in Indonesia - I’ve owned two and both were awesome. I did run across a couple Yamaha BB734s with electronics issues a while back but that has to be a fluke, it’s Yamaha after all - very high quality reputation. Any issues and they would probably just replace the whole thing.

4 Likes

I don’t know the availability of anything but the LTD and Signature series in my area, so if I ever did, I would have w/o knowing it was an ESP line.
I have to confess, out of my 3 main go to Basses, The B-4E is quickly becoming my favorite. I do not have a 4 string Schecter’s yet, so I can’t say for sure for sure weather the LTD would come out on top, but for now it is. Followed equally by my SR300 and SubRay. The SR300 and B-4E out class the SubRay, it is more along the lines of my GSR200 or a RBX170 as far as build quality, it is the bottom SubRay, but it’s so damn fun to play.

My GSR200, I have pretty much decided to sell. It was my first, I did B2B on it, and I thought that I might lay it more because of comfort and familiarity, but I don’t, it’s not even out in my living room with all the rest.
Only reason I am keeping it is for the sentiment, or if I want to have a wall of Basses for art, not play.
I bought it kind of on a whim, I looked in GC for 2 days, decided it was a model I liked among other $199 and under Basses on the wall. Looked on CRaigs List after that 2nd day, found one for a good price, bought it the next day. I didn’t do weeks of research, test out many lines multiple times, go play them til I found “The One”
Had I done that there may be enuf sentiment to keep it. But at this point, I rather let somebody else learn bass on it and hopefully give it the love it deserves.
It’s gonna be a Cinderella bass, and magically turn into a pedal at midnight.

2 Likes

Really like the B-4’s, feel great and just a great look.

3 Likes

Hello! First post here and this is my gear: Ibanez SRX400 (are those names created by bots?) Anyhow, love this thing.

14 Likes

I can see why you love it. I love my SR300. Not quite in the realm of yours, but the neck is still fast and furious.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad that you love your instrument. It’s really a good motivation to practice to have something that we really like. I am very found of some other Ibanez too, such as the ATK series (especially the 400) and the TR 500 (one day!), all really good looking ones with lots of personality.

5 Likes

That is beautiful. The shape of that body, the color, the pickguard… that thing is flat out cool.

6 Likes

Hi AntonioM,
I have the B-204SM LH and I LOVE it! I probably would have got the Black See thru if it was available in Left Hand but I love the natural look. To me the Jatoba fret board is even better looking in person. I am beyond thrilled with my purchase.

4 Likes

Yeah, I do. I have quite a few, and 3 that I play daily. The SR300, a Sub Stingray, and the gem of the bunch, the ESP LTD B-4E. The SR and B-4E both have that neck that feels just right. No other way to describe it better.

3 Likes

I know what ya mean

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I saw this, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, I thought of you @terb

Beautiful. Now I could get done on a Fender (Squire) like that.

5 Likes

that’s crazy expensive for a Squier !

4 Likes

I am not considering buying it, It is just the first Tele Bass I have seen for sale, and Iknow you have a love for Tele like I do.
And I mean Squire (Fender) Telwbasster, I have seen the shape on ESP LTD’s, Schecters, and other brands with a telecaster, but that’s the first Squire or Fender. That’s all.

I will buy 4 used Gems for that price before I pay that for a Squir, even tho it is bad ass.

2 Likes

yeah I have just been surprised by the price !

1 Like

yeah I have just been surprised by the price !

… and I just had a new error message ?!

error

1 Like

That is funny

Yeah, I wonder if the fretboard inlays have anything to do with the high price.

Unless it is a replacement neck, an actual limited edition design, or just stickers, It I’d prob quit expensive to get Squire to do that. The first two could easily drive cost up to just under $1000 too, so???

Still not gonna get it.

Edit: pretty sere it’s syickers, there is one dot under the tail of the cat

So, this showed up on Offer up for a pretty low price, for what it is. Ibanez SR500 for $150

I may get this, clean it up, do a set up with new strings, and try and flip it. Not sure tho if, after cleaning and setting it up if I will want to sell it??
Hmmm. I need to do a lil research on this one before meeting him in the morning before he leaves town

On a side note, I am 100% gonna flip this

It’s a Daisy Rock, and they hold some value around here. More then the $20 I am going a few miles away to pick it up for.

2 Likes