Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

sooooo much truth right here

2 Likes

Mileage varies though. I have sold many instruments and regret none. I am very happy with every decision I made there. Some of them I loved and have great memories of; but over time, I find myself settling on 1-2 I really play and just keep improving those.

Some people collect broadly and buy tons of gear; others pick the stuff they actually regularly use and go vertical with it for trading up and improving it. Iā€™m the latter; having gear sitting around that I donā€™t use regularly drives me crazy.

4 Likes

If @Al1885 were to give me a goodly number of his bass stash, Iā€™d happily take them, cherish them, and play them. I have no qualms with owning a harem of beautiful basses!

But Iā€™m not into acquiring them to collect them, even though money is not a barrier.

That said, having a few random dozen hanging around wouldnā€™t bother me. Theyā€™re just tools. Beautiful, functional, fun tools, but just tools at the end of the day. And I like tools. :laughing:

4 Likes

Couch hobbyist limiting myself to 5

21 Likes

Famous last words.

10 Likes

How do you like that embassy pro?

4 Likes

Pickups are a highlight. The price was right 200 off from sweetwater cuz of a tiny ding

3 Likes

This is my bass, a Jackson short scale in blinding green, I like how the neck feels and the simplicity of it

18 Likes

Good luck! Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!

3 Likes

Finally - PJā€™s sister JJ arrived :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

Holy shit!!!

HUGE congrats, @joergkutter! Finally, the second eagle has landed.

Gorgeous pair of Mayones Hadrien Feraud beauties!

7 Likes

Damn nice! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Sooo good.

7 Likes

Congrats!

Just looking at it on their site, itā€™s now discontinuedā€¦ let the value rise and rise!

7 Likes

Ha, yeahā€¦ I didnā€™t realize this until recently. I might have received one of the last 4-string versions of that bass. They still make the 5-string version, if I am not mistaken.

I am not in it for the collection value, but it sure might increase in value because of the limited availability now.

7 Likes

Absolutely, @joergkutter.

Mayones seems focused on making 5-string Jabba signature models.

My Federico Malaman Signature Jabba Mala 4 was a limited release. The next version Malaman is only made as a fiver, and very likely as a limited edition.

Hence, my gestating order for what will be a custom 4-string Malaman with Mayones P/MM pups.

6 Likes

Truly customā€¦ and one of a kind :smile:

5 Likes

Very nice @joergkutter!

5 Likes

You are only missing bread, meat and cheese

Gorgeous @joergkutter,

Both are such different styles on its own I canā€™t pick favorite. Thank god you got both, lol.

7 Likes

Very nice @joergkutter !

6 Likes