Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

NBD! I swapped my Squier 20th Anniversary Jazz for this Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV Pro!

11 Likes

Love the sound of those Thunderbirds… really love them with a pick too. Try out some pick riffs!

3 Likes

Ibanez SDGR 5 string root beer color.

9 Likes

My Schecter Stiletto Stealth-4 in Satin Black

15 Likes

Nice Ibanez @Adamg73! That color definitely needs some ice cream on top of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the body shape on that Schecter @Artie, I still need to try one of those. They seem nice.

1 Like

This is my bass haven. I have 3 basses:
My main is a ACG RetroB Über
I also have a Schecter Stiletto Extreme and a custom bass made by a friend when I first started.

And yes, they are all left handed. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Here’s what I’m currently learning on. It’s a Fender CB-60SCE electro acoustic. Will probs be going for the Yamaha TRBX304 full electric bass in the next few months.

5 Likes

Beautiful. Similar color to mine!

1 Like

Custom Fender P bass put together by a local luthier. Simple tone and volume knob do the trick. I have heavy flatwounds on there and it thumps! Shoutout to Iron Maiden :metal:

18 Likes

Nice! I imagine that learning on an acoustic bass guitar will make the electric feel easier to play when you switch over, the action tends to be higher on acoustics. Let me know how it feels when you switch!

Sweet P bass @calebnw! The artwork on the neck plate is awesome! Nice nod to Steve Harris. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is my first bass guitar, a Cort B4 Plus MH Open Pore Mahogany that I bought last spring. Barely touched one before the day that I bought it, so don’t really have much to compare with! Looks good and plays well enough for a beginner like me!

11 Likes

Love the Maiden Neck Plate. Super rad.

3 Likes

Looks nice @coffa! Good spot to keep it too, easy access if the cats want to learn bass along with you. :cat: :guitar: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Beautiful instrument.

1 Like

I picked these up this morning. A Kimberly Beatle Bass and a Hohner Yellow Bass (no idea what model ). Both play pretty nice. A trusted friend has them for a serious cleaning and setup.

4 Likes

Got started on bass a little less than two months ago, and got a Precision copy made by aUK company called Vintage. I think it is a great beginner’s bass. Yesterday, I couldn’t help myself but acquire a hardly used Yamaha TRB5PII, which should keep my bass needs covered for quite a while :grinning:

8 Likes

Hey Josh, still loving the course although Billie Jean gave me twisted fingers over the weekend!!!
Did the medium pace though!
The fast was messy although I had it for 5 seconds!!!
Still plugging away on the Fender Acoustic but still looking at an electric. I was wondering if you knew anything about the Yamaha BB 234 ? I’ve seen an excellent deal and the reviews look decent. But wondered if you or anyone else on here have any experience of this model?
I’m on quite a limited budget, but look the look of it.
I’m getting a Vox amp as they originated in the next town (Dartford) along from where I grew up - so it felt like the right thing to do :blush:

3 Likes

1 Like

Cute basses @lopeha!

Nice @joergkutter! Pretty wide spread stylistically from the 4-string P to the 5-string with humbuckers and 24 frets. :slight_smile:

@yowser180, I haven’t tried the Yamaha BB series, but I’m sure they’re at least fine to learn on. Interesting body shape! Also FYI, you can always edit your own posts for typos/etc. by clicking the ellipsis (…) and then the pencil icon.

1 Like

Cool - thanks Josh :+1:t3:

2 Likes