7 Likes

Nate Mendel P Bass!!!

7 Likes

Yes you are a different :smiley_cat: @rory :joy:. :rofl:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

You nailed that headstock so well.

7 Likes

Beautiful! Let’s have a cover with this bass.

6 Likes

Since I’ve tossed my 2¢ into the thread, might as well add a photo of my bass:

Fun fact: I don’t like the color. But beggars can’t be choosers when everything is out of stock during a pandemic.

eta: Yamaha TRBX504

10 Likes

TRBX504? I actually loved that color despite expecting to hate it because brown :slight_smile:

The black one also looks awesome IMO. And I don’t usually go for black guitars.

6 Likes

Yep, TRBX504 (I should have written that in the post :sweat_smile:) and I love playing it. It’s a great bass. Some days it even looks sort-of burgundy to me, which makes me happier, but in my heart of hearts I am partial to flashy finishes like pink sparkle. :star_struck:

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a surprisingly rich and nuanced color for brown :slight_smile:

I was saving up to buy exactly that bass when my 604 popped up used. I simply lucked out timing wise - would have been perfectly happy with your bass. It’s a great bass, played a few while shopping.

6 Likes

I never knew much about the Fender Aerodine. I am not really a Jazz bass enthusiast, but these are sexy. there are two on Let Go, that have been available forever, and only like $400. I have not seen them on Offer Up since it took over Let Go, but I have not really been looking for them. and wow, for such a nice looking bass, I guess they are not that popular since, for a good price, you can have one in my area.
Maybe its cuz I live about 45 miles from Fender, IDK

I have actually never played a Fender P or J bass, I can’t recall playing a Squire P or J bass either. I did have a Fender Jaguar that I got in a trade, adn sold for profit. I did like the feel and playability, it was much better then I expected, but I did not lie it enough to keep it.
one reason I have never played them is because of COVID, I have not been able to fully explore a GC properly.
If I were to get a Fender Jazz bass, this one looks like a winner, even tho I don’t particularly care for black basses.

I wonder if that is the reason for it not being so popular, the black shiny finish. I think it is sexy, but maybe most J bass players don’t???

4 Likes

Hi @T_dub, I had never even heard of ‘em until your post. Just saw the black w/ cream binding, agree that it is :fire: !

6 Likes

I only heard of them by seeing adds on Let Go (now Offer UP). When I first started looking at basses early this year, and saw them, I was pretty impressed and thought they were a big deal, but that was almost the last I heard of them until @rory posted his. Congratz on the new bass BTW buddy :+1:

5 Likes

They might be the nicest looking Fender IMO. Fender needs to do more matching headstocks. Way more.

7 Likes

Absolutely agree, matching headstock is such a great look!

7 Likes

Also, rosewood fingerboard :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, I am kind of bummed that Sterling stopped that on the Stingray Ray34’s. Back in around 2008 thru 2010 when they totaly re-vamped the Sterling Stingray line, and EBMM stopped making SUB rays, they released three lines like they now have
The Sub Series Ray4(5) and Ray24ca (25ca)
and the regular series Ray34(35)
The Ray34(35) had matching headstock. I am glad to have one, it is awesome with the Honey Burst Headstock.
I am not sure if they did on the Ray24ca(25ca) or not, but I know its not on the Ray4(5)
But now, since they redid the line in 2018, they added the Roasted Maple neck and fretboard, but they did the headstock in roasted maple.
I prefer the finished head stock.
And I think that I like Black and white basses better if the headstock matches, for sure.

4 Likes

You can get them in Lake Placid Blue and Doplphin Gray as well (as Japanese re-imports), and perhaps even in a red tone…

And… while it says J-Bass on the headstock, they have a P-J configuration, so both J and P purists might scoff at them…

5 Likes

@rory she looks the dogs. Nicest j that ive seen
Jamie

3 Likes

Thank guys.
I gave it a whirl Today and OMG what a guitar.
It is so slick to play and feels as good as it looks.
Fingerprints are a problem whilst playing but they clean off with a wipe of a micro cloth.
It sounds so different to my other pieces and madam says it’s her fav.
The tone is so noticeable it’s scary and Jazz neck is so playable it’s a real joy to play.
The body is really slimline and as a result this is one hell of a light bass to carry.
It will be the go to if I ever play a live gig.
You could run a marathon with this girl around your neck.
Next month I get myself a fender Kingman acoustic so I’ll post that when I do.

5 Likes

My friend has one, and every time we talk about basses to get he says “get a Kingman, you will never regret it, and it is a bass you will have for life”. He reminds me often to get one.

3 Likes