Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Just take video of her face when you tell her that and post it here :rofl:

Yeah, I have no Idea what I am getting into with this, but for $50, the gig bag made it worth it.
I am a man with many basses, and one HSC and one, no, make that two gig bags, so, I actually am very happy to have gotten one.

If Nothing else, I can practice honing my luthier skills and learn a thing or two.

Plus, I now know that I like the SG tone, and it has peaked my interest to see what the Les Paul bass sounds like.

It might end up being, and oh well if it is, like I said, the value for the money spent is already realized, so Ehh, I am fine either way.

6 Likes

Well here’s to hoping it turns out great when you get done with it. And here’s to hoping I manage to sort out this POS my dad bought. eventually. :rofl:

6 Likes

Nice score on the Markbass. People love that thing.

4 Likes

I am afraid I am gonna love it and keep it. It is way too big to try to squeeze in with the other compressors. LOL

6 Likes

I just saw somebody selling another MarkBass pedal in that same housing, it was a Tube Distortion pedal. Interesting, I am betting that could be FAT AF.
$120, been on market for 4 months I think, it is in another state, so it would ship. I wonder if it is worth trying just cuz it should be cool. I am sure I could always turn a profit on Reverb.

3 Likes

If you try it out, add it to the list here:

4 Likes

It will shock me if i buy a 50$ gigbag with epiphone sg on it :scream: , thats a pretty cool looking bass i like the katakana vinyl and becareful for your fingers thr wood on the neck migh stab you.

5 Likes

I was joking a little bit. :rofl:
I saw the add

This was the add. I went to check it out to assess the neck damage. the neck damage is not that bad and. I think it might be a fairly simple fix.
However, since it came with a VERY NICE gig bag, it made the RISK of the bass not being fixable (cheaply) go WAY down.

6 Likes

I finally got everyone together. So thought I’d make a proper family photo. We have the biscayne. A great sounding little jazz with huge intonation issues. I hate that thing. My Bently series 10, my peavey fury VI 6 string. My dean custom zone nuke green. And lastly a cheap little acoustic electric from Amazon for when I’m not in the mood to pull the amp out. But still no Ricky yet. Oh well :rofl:

14 Likes

@Mao I’m highly offended by that Redskins sign. (Just kidding LOL) :rofl:

6 Likes

Thats all pops. Lol, I never got much into sports. And I also think I may have a serious bass problem.

6 Likes

You have a very serious bass problem, would you like me to spell it out for you.

You don’t have enough basses.
You have no Short Scale
You have no 5 string
You have no StingRay
You have no Neck Thru
You have no P/J
You have no Fretless
You have no EUB
You have no Cigar Box Bass
You have no U bass
You have no FrankenFukt bass
you want me to keep going.

Work on this bass problem of yours, and report back to us

11 Likes

Will do my best. Off to get a loan now!. J/k

6 Likes

Here ya go @Mao,
My twins😂
Cheers Brian

15 Likes

Man. Such a stunning pair, thanks for shareing.

7 Likes

@T_dub Also I might know a guy with a short scale bass for a good deal. he bought a gig bag and it just fell out of it when he got home. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, if shipping wasn’t involved, it would probably be a great deal.

5 Likes

I’m call myself a drummer but since the beginning of this year I think a new name would be musician because of my love for the bass. I have three Glarry’s ( very inexpensive but well made) a pj, a jazz and a GIB love all of them

y them all

12 Likes

Nice looking Set up there.

6 Likes

Well, you have them all covered: P-Bass, Jazz, and 24-Fret.

8 Likes