Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Fantastic choice, the SR line is great.

5 Likes

honestly I had no idea where they were made

3 Likes

But I am still confused?
Did you look at a Sterling Stingray? Is that what you tried and liked.
I love mine.
I got tge Ray 4 from GC for $299. Best $299 I ever spent. Only the $120 I paid for upgrade to Aguilar pick up was money spent very well too.

I also got a Ray34, the more expensive line from Sterling, but its a 2012, I got it used like new from a pawn shop for $400.

I do want to get an Ernie Ball Music Mann(EBMM) stingray someday, they are the ones madi in San Luis Obispo, California. They are 7-8 x what I paid for the Ray 4 ($299) which is very well made in Indonesia.

3 Likes

yes I am still going to get a sterling stingray, I played a black one for 300 from GC and loved the deep throaty punchy sound, I doubt I will spend more than 500 on any sterling, just because I mainly play my Fender American Precision, but I want to get a 5 string Sterling I think, I don’t have any 5 strings, and honestly, little secret, I’ve never even PLAYED a five string, but I want to learn. I’ve come to the conclusion that the rest of this year will be dedicated to 3 things, my work, my family, and my music/music education, (ie: learning guitar and getting better at bass, and learning the in and outs of recording software), I have over 13k worth of newish gear from the last 6 months, and have yet to use most of it, plus I have like zero experience with recording. I recently applied to Full sail university and it looked like I was going to start on Monday actually, but some stuff happened and they denied me acceptance due to some dumb stuff I did in my late teens/early 20’s, alas, life goes on, there are other paths

6 Likes

can’t beat the American P-bass @anon8486200
cheers Brian

3 Likes

Wow! Check this out… CBbasses handmade bass guitars

1 Like

Cbbasses.com custom short scale 30" scale.

8 Likes

The wood on the body is exquisite!

4 Likes

Thanks, its a hybrid buckeye burl. It has some nice blue and green in the body. Here’s a picture from the builder.

there’s also birdseye maple on fingerboard. Love this bass.

10 Likes

I noticed the maple on the fingerboard. It’s certainly very high end. I have a bird eye maple neck on my eBay watch list which would cost the same as the whole MIM Fender when I bought it :joy:

5 Likes

Here’s the latest addition to my family, Rosie II. She’s a stealth black Yamaha BB735. I also have a BB235 (Rosie), which I will sell on Reverb as there’s no sense having 2 different Yamaha Broadbasses around. The BB735 is several steps up from the BB235.
The first things I did when she arrived yesterday is switch out the round wounds for black nylon tape wounds, and of course added the custom pick guard that Sara made for me with my trademark rose.

18 Likes

Congratulations - she is a beaut!!

4 Likes

Congrats! One of the best production basses being made today. I absolutely love the matte black they went with too.

6 Likes

Congratulations. She’s a real beauty @PamPurrs

6 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

First post. Thought I share my simple collection. Still very new to bass but getting there :slight_smile:

A Fender Precision, an MM Ray35 and a Squier Vintage Jazz.

12 Likes

How does Rosie Deux compare with Rosie?

5 Likes

Hello @ervin.bosenbacher! Welcome!

4 Likes

She sounds great, but then so does Rosie. I guess the biggest difference in the pickups and the EQ on Rosie II. I haven’t done a comparison yet.

6 Likes

Congratulations Pam!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @ervin.bosenbacher! Nice collection you have there!

5 Likes