Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Yeah that butterscotch was definitely the one I would have gone with @JerryP :slight_smile:

Totally cool color.

5 Likes

yeah the butterscotch/black scheme is a true classic in the electric music history, how not to love it ?

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @chris_walther,
You must be a Timothy B Schmitt fan :thinking:
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. It sounds great and I can’t wait to do a cover with it.
@joergkutter, @terb, @Mac, @howard

6 Likes

That’s the one right here, right?? (Songs 3 and 4 in the video!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsNkpyvDCo

Got to about 3:00 to get some inspiration for your next cover, @JerryP :smile:

PS: Julia is clearly “home-officing” here :joy:

7 Likes

These are my ladies:

First my Sandberg California II J-bass with Delano pickups. This was my first premium bass and I used this one for Josh course. It plays very light compared to any other bass I tried so far.

This is the only bass I bought new (actually it was a birthday present). I always wanted a Fender P-bass MIA with that nasty growl sound.

My Kaufmann J-bass custom made by a Dutch guitar builder. It has that road-worn look and Aguilar pick-ups. This is usually the bass I pick up when I practice at home.

Warwick LX4 streamer. This one is fairly new to the family but I love the look, sound and quality of this bass. Absolute killer bass imo.

And in the back there is also my guitar MIA Fender Tele. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Very, very nice collection there, @Paul

Are you familiar with De Gier guitars and basses? Also Dutch, I think… :thinking:

7 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter and I have heard from Sander de Gier Lowlander bass. Lowlander – De Gier Guitars & Basses looks really cool. Kaufmann is more known of building guitars so having one of him is very rare haha.

5 Likes

Very nice performance by this young lady. She makes the Stingray sound tremendous. If I had started play when I was her age, maybe I could play like her as well.
:grinning:

6 Likes

I love her hand-drawn Thomann logo :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very lovely collection of lady basses, @Paul . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

8 Likes

Very nice collection @Paul :+1:

6 Likes

Here she is, arrived against all odds today. Happy as Larry!! The green hornet

13 Likes

again one more member in the Stingray Gang !

8 Likes

Nice family @Paul,
:+1:cheers Brian

4 Likes

I just love that color :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It was the only one available, was really torn between the h and hh. Plugged it in…now I’m a happy stan. Although this is the first active bass I’ve ever played,nevermind owned,so between the two band eq of the green hornet and the rumble eq I…well let’s put it this way- I had my hand ,sometimes both ,on one knob or another all evening! I’ll get my coat

7 Likes

Ha! I’ve had both setups, and I liked them both.

5 Likes

I’m sure I would have been more than satisfied with the single pick up,I was pretty happy with my squier affinity pj to be honest. It’s just that the nice man at the shop said I could trade the old girl in and…well I only went to get the pj set up and came out with the green hornet, a rumble , a zoom and some headphones :man_shrugging: :grin:

6 Likes

I absolutely love that and Ampeg knock off one of my favorite bass players is Rick Danko he’s the play that bass they are so nice I played one a few times and they’re very expensive The Originals anyway

5 Likes