Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I’m jealous :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Dayyy-ummm @robertcoble68 , that’s beautiful. I am a lover of natural finishes, and that is a lovely instrument :heart::heart:

7 Likes

Nice bass @robertcoble68,
cheers Brian

5 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Yeah, I prefer the natural wood finish over a painted finish.

4 Likes

This is my first and only bass: Squier Affinity Precision Bass PJ.
I was totally clueless about what makes a good bass and how it’s supposed to sound and during the lockdown, there wasn’t much chance to go and try some out. This one came in a pack with an amp and I just loved the look of it, the reviews were really good for the price, so I just went for it. I have no regrets because as soon as I had it unpacked I felt like we’re a very good fit and would become great friends.
Now Josh taught me that I should get a proper setup and I actually started looking more into the details of all the parts and how it works. I can’t wait for my tools to arrive and getting even more fun out of it. :star_struck:

23 Likes

Very nice @Regina, a worthy partner for your journey ;))

7 Likes

Great bass with which to start.

6 Likes

Nice bass @Regina,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice looking bass, @Regina

I have the exact same model in sunburst. They set up quite nicely.

6 Likes

Good on ya for learning how to set it up yourself.

7 Likes

Thanks @Mike_NL! I can’t take credit for the photo, that was my awesome setup man. He even put it up as one of his “Cool Guitar of the Week” posts on Facebook.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Krescht! Just a couple of questions;

Did yours also come with the action set super low? This one did, and since I don’t slap/pop, that was one change I specifically requested when I took it in for a setup.

To which bass DOES your preference go at the moment?

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter who took the picture, that is a beautiful looking bass!

3 Likes

@MarkusFarlow, well, the action was quite low and there was no need to adjust it. It’s not really a bass for slapping anyway.

My current go-to bass is a Sandberg California VM4, quite a different beast.

3 Likes

21 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Here’s my Christmas present

18 Likes

Depends on how loud I want to be.The Music man has umph in spades…

2 Likes

Here is mine, my first and only, a birthday present from my amazing wife.
Cort B4 Plus in Swamp Ash. Playing through a Fender Rumble 40 and when I try and refrain from making a lot of noise I play through headphones using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface

Very happy with it, although I dont really have anything to compare it to. My youngest son plays guitar and drums, and the older one is a piano player. It was my wifes thinking that we could all play together at some point and she figured the bass would be a good fit for me.

Loving it so far and really enjoying the Bassbuzz course, no regrets at all.

Cheers

18 Likes