Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Welcome aboard @NeedmoreBASS ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

A closer photo, I love the color, was fiddling with this one last week at my local Guitar Center, it just felt right in my hands and I went back this week and picked it up. Black cherry burst is the color.

12 Likes

I’ve just acquired this 2021 MIM Player Precision. I purchased it “pre-owned” from a classified on another forum. It arrived in the original box with the clear plastic still on everything including the tuners! It plays great! I’ll have a DiMarzio Relentless pickup arriving any day now, and I’ll load some flats onto it when I swap the pup.

Here is my little collection. The aforementioned 2021 MIM Player P, a modded 2020 SBMM Ray 4 (SD 70’s MM Pup & MojoTone MM 2-band Preamp), and my 1982 Pedulla Buzz JB Fretless (Bartolini JJ and 3-band pre).

14 Likes

Nice clan @Artman !

6 Likes

Nice gear @Artman !

4 Likes

Well this was a bit unexpected since I just got my Solar bass, but I ended up with a Warwick Corvette from '96. :smiley: It’s similar to @Mac but with 5 strings and this one is passive.

14 Likes

Very nice @Paul . Looks in real good shape.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m enjoying getting to know mine.

4 Likes

Now you need some wenge wooden tuner pegs @Paul :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mac! Haha for now I am fine with the chrome tuners. I’m just giving the wood a few days before I do some thorough cleaning. The action is a bit low so might need some truss rod adjustments. Maybe some new strings (wanted to try out the NYXL).

3 Likes

Neat! I bet it sounds reeealy growly.

4 Likes

I would have loved the chrome set up on mine rather than the black. I actually priced the swap up but it’s ridiculously expensive.
Cleaning is great fun and strangely satisfying

3 Likes

Yeah that B string is something else. :joy:

3 Likes

Very nice @Paul
There’s a bit of a Warwick explosion going on in the forum at the moment. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So this post is really about 6 weeks over due :roll_eyes: but I finally got my second bass, and stopped playing it long enough to post about it. :laughing:

I told myself if I could stick with the bass thing for over a year I’d buy myself something nice. Well, a year and a half later I still LOVE playing bass and continue to learn and grow. Soooooooo… I bought myself a present from Sweetwater.

Enter the Schecter SLS Elite-4, in black fade burst. :sunglasses: It was a tough call between this color and the all black evil twin (same bass). But seeing the black fade burst in person I think I made the right call (for me anyway). It’s a little unnerving dropping that much $$$ on something site unseen other than pictures and sound demos on the internet, but WOW am I happy with it!!!

I absolutely LOVE this bass!!! The Fishman Fluence pickups and pre amp are awesome. The voicing switch to go between Classic, funk, and modern is a total win. The bass just sounds great, and is a dream to play. It’s a quite a step up from my Ibanez SR370E, which I still own and like. But I honestly have only touched it once since I got the Schecter, so the Ibanez may be for sale soon.

These pics don’t honestly do it justice, but I was fighting off my dog to take these so they aren’t my best photo work.

L8r
Chris

31 Likes

Congrats, @csmundell . . . :slight_smile: . . . beautiful woodgrain, too!

Wishing you good luck and lot of happy playing

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Wow. That is a gorgeous instrument. I’m jealous. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very cool!

4 Likes

Schecter rules! Nice bass :metal:

4 Likes

I have to admit that I’m a bit of a traditionalist. I don’t like active pickups. I don’t like most modern designs. My thought is, “I have a jazz bass and a p-bass, what more does anyone need?”
But … dayum! That is beautiful! Well done!

4 Likes

Beautiful bass! Many years of happy playing!

4 Likes