Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I like that idea too

2 Likes

I vote for without. Bonus points for replacing the white “pickguard” under the knobs and switches with something chrome or black. Same with what’s under the bridge. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I actually have plans to paint that black

That’s actually a piece of felt that’s put there for shipping etc. I just haven’t removed it yet.

3 Likes

I’m with @John_E. I like the pickguard too. Just makes it more special imo.

1 Like

I like it without but I think the black pickguard with the rose would look good too.

2 Likes

Hi all! As requested in the Sterling Stingray thread, this is my first - and only - bass. I played for a couple of months on my brother’s Yamaha and with it I discovered that the I loved playing the low-end! So, here it is my bass (I have had it since 6 months, and I really should have removed the dust before taking a pic… sorry!)

I don’t know if it is - in absolute terms - the best bass that you can find. Maybe, if you get a custom made, or a more expensive one, or … whatever.

What I can tell you is that I absolutely love it and have fun playing it :slight_smile: That should count for something !

14 Likes

Damn, that’s some beauty. I will buy Stingray one day. Now, Frank Bello ESP is the target.

4 Likes

I think the pickguard in black. Shape is different without it.

5 Likes

I’m in the process of spray painting it. Sara is making the rose to put on it.

4 Likes

The best bass is the one that inspires you to pick it up and play it whenever you see it. Even if you don’t really have time to play.

Also, that is a beautiful bass.

4 Likes

I’m going against the majority here and say keep the pickguard. It seems like something is missing without it.

4 Likes

Agreed, Jerry @JerryP . . . :thinking:

I say keep the pickguard on too, @PamPurrs

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Okay, the “Keep the pickguard on” voters have it. I voted for leave it off, but Sara overruled me. So here’s what I did:
I painted the pickguard and the metal support black. Sara made a vinyl rose for it, and I put it back on. I like the look. I’m also going to paint the cover for the control panel black, but I’ll need Sara to make the graphics to put on it. I asked her to do it, and she just looked at me and signed, “Where are you taking me out to dinner?”.
I guess I’ll save that project for another day.

While she was at it, she also made a rose for my keyboard and put it right above middle C.

13 Likes

Actually @JerryP and @Jazzbass19 you ARE the majority. Sara voted to keep the pick guard on, and her vote carries a lot of weight.

6 Likes

This was me from 50 years ago. Is this a Hofner? I don’t remember.

8 Likes

It most certainly is. Do you still have it??? It’s worth a fortune if you do.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no.

4 Likes

That Sara is one smart cookie!
That not only looks great, but has PAM written all over it.
Will lookeven more amazing once you take Sara to dinner…

3 Likes

Damn!

3 Likes

Man - that is just pure sex!

5 Likes