Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@brandoncmurphy That is a nice family and Happy Birthday!

@adrianwoods08 That is one sweet reward.

1 Like

Yay BB!

2 Likes

Hi adrian that’s lovely.
Welcome aboard

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words- I look forward to rewarding myself again in about 6 months with a new amp!

2 Likes

I need some of those “traing wheel stickers”

2 Likes

@piper12334 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum. When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

Also, if you take Josh’s class, you won’t need those stickers. :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Any thoughts on which amp you’ll get Adrian?

1 Like

I haven’t really started looking yet (window shopping is half the fun after all) but I’m leaning towards the Fender Rumble 40 with all the various pre-sets and Blue tooth. I’m definitely open to suggestions though.

2 Likes

I’d go for that one.
Because I can’t imagine anything better in that group of amps.
Plus I have one.

Did you see Josh’s reviw of the non-bluetooth rumble 40?

2 Likes

Here is my Yamaha TRBX 604FM
I replaced the default D’Addario strings, with some Ernie Ball Super Slinky Nickel Round Wounds.

on the left, is my practice amp, the Rumble 40

8 Likes

Sweet! I really love the transparent black 604s and I don’t usually like black basses. The maple grain just looks awesome on them.

I love this bass, been super happy with mine. I use the passive mode a lot more than I expected. Great tone.

2 Likes

my new fender aerodyne jazz bass and the epiphone Les Paul Special I learned on. The aerodyne was my reward to myself for perseverance any advice on better strings than factory

10 Likes

Beauty look on that Aerodyne! No fret dots makes it extrude confidence.

I personally have been loving the sound and feel of D’addario flat wounds on my short scale.

1 Like

@Interstatestan That Aerodyne Jazz Bass is one fine looking instrument.

If you want to know about strings, I suggest this thread… Strings - #15 by eric.kiser.

Thanks you both for the advice. And the compliments

1 Like

Your house looks almost as untidy as mine.
Actually it’s nowhere near as untidy as mine, but a valiant effort nevertheless :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful looking bass, @Interstatestan :slight_smile:

Hope you get lots of good use out of it!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Disorder is the nature of the universe(entropy). We are just in tune with… However I am concerned that you are more in tune. Therefore, a glass, some ice cubes etc. I seek your level of disorder

1 Like

It has happened again. I got a(nother) new bass. The Ibanez AEB5FE-BKN Fretless-Acoustic Electric Bass. This one had a few cool features none the of my others have:

• It is fretless
  • It is short scale (32 inches)
  • It is…black?

BUT!!!

Before you say anything, this one was freeeeeeee!

A guy I work with is a real musician. Has a band, gets paid money, has at least one album etc. And he said this was taking up space on his wall and he needed it gone, so I could have it.

But I DIDN’T buy it…

7 Likes

well, if it’s free … :slight_smile:

2 Likes