Show Us Your Basses

@brandoncmurphy That is a nice family and Happy Birthday!

@adrianwoods08 That is one sweet reward.

1 Like

Yay BB!

2 Likes

Hi adrian that’s lovely.
Welcome aboard

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words- I look forward to rewarding myself again in about 6 months with a new amp!

2 Likes

I need some of those “traing wheel stickers”

2 Likes

@piper12334 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum. When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

Also, if you take Josh’s class, you won’t need those stickers. :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Any thoughts on which amp you’ll get Adrian?

1 Like

I haven’t really started looking yet (window shopping is half the fun after all) but I’m leaning towards the Fender Rumble 40 with all the various pre-sets and Blue tooth. I’m definitely open to suggestions though.

2 Likes

I’d go for that one.
Because I can’t imagine anything better in that group of amps.
Plus I have one.

Did you see Josh’s reviw of the non-bluetooth rumble 40?

2 Likes

Here is my Yamaha TRBX 604FM
I replaced the default D’Addario strings, with some Ernie Ball Super Slinky Nickel Round Wounds.

on the left, is my practice amp, the Rumble 40

7 Likes

Sweet! I really love the transparent black 604s and I don’t usually like black basses. The maple grain just looks awesome on them.

I love this bass, been super happy with mine. I use the passive mode a lot more than I expected. Great tone.

2 Likes

my new fender aerodyne jazz bass and the epiphone Les Paul Special I learned on. The aerodyne was my reward to myself for perseverance any advice on better strings than factory

8 Likes

Beauty look on that Aerodyne! No fret dots makes it extrude confidence.

I personally have been loving the sound and feel of D’addario flat wounds on my short scale.

1 Like

@Interstatestan That Aerodyne Jazz Bass is one fine looking instrument.

If you want to know about strings, I suggest this thread… Strings.

Thanks you both for the advice. And the compliments

1 Like

Your house looks almost as untidy as mine.
Actually it’s nowhere near as untidy as mine, but a valiant effort nevertheless :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful looking bass, @Interstatestan :slight_smile:

Hope you get lots of good use out of it!

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Disorder is the nature of the universe(entropy). We are just in tune with… However I am concerned that you are more in tune. Therefore, a glass, some ice cubes etc. I seek your level of disorder

1 Like

It has happened again. I got a(nother) new bass. The Ibanez AEB5FE-BKN Fretless-Acoustic Electric Bass. This one had a few cool features none the of my others have:

• It is fretless
  • It is short scale (32 inches)
  • It is…black?

BUT!!!

Before you say anything, this one was freeeeeeee!

A guy I work with is a real musician. Has a band, gets paid money, has at least one album etc. And he said this was taking up space on his wall and he needed it gone, so I could have it.

But I DIDN’T buy it…

6 Likes

well, if it’s free … :slight_smile:

2 Likes