Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Welp. I did it. Pulled the trigger on my dream bass. She arrives on Wednesday.

34 Likes

Tell us more @chordsykat :grin:

7 Likes

Sure will! Doc says I have one of the worst, long-term GAS problems he’s ever seen. He says I need to put the Sweetwater down. :slight_smile:

But yeah – will have a full report when the beast arrives in a few days. Until then, this is a Spector Euro 5 LX. I bought this bass even though I initially had my eyes on the Dimension 5. Spector’s delayed those quite a bit (originally put a bid on one in spring of 2021) and I always liked the look/sound of the Euros… So I went for it.

12 Likes

Looks amazing. Grats on your new bass!

8 Likes

That’s gorgeous!

7 Likes

Ah, I just today added the 5 string and the 4 string Spector Euros to my Left Handed Bass instruments post (the list part), because Spector will sell you the Czech-made models in LH orientation for a 10% extra charge. They offer their NS Legend 4 & 5 strings in LH for no extra charge, as well as the Bantam 4 string Short Scale.

7 Likes

Man, that is absolutely breathtaking.

7 Likes

Spectors are a great brand @chordsykat
I’m sure you’ll love it. I must not get sucked into GAS and this isn’t helping :joy:

5 Likes

Ooh, lovely. Enjoy.

6 Likes

16 Likes

SWEET, I love it. I’ve always loved the look of the Euro/Streamer body shape.

5 Likes

Congratulations @chordsykat ! It’s a beaut.

6 Likes

And what a beauty she is too. :heart_eyes:
Enjoy it!

7 Likes

Adequate words are failing me right now . . . I don’t know whether to start with the color, the fret markers, the hardware, or the woodgrain . . . :thinking:

Cheers
Joe

11 Likes

@cloudskyat that is one very fine looking bass, love the colour and the wood grain.

7 Likes

I’d love a Spector. Congrats

6 Likes

Love the colour and the mixing of the grain. It stands out I Likkee

6 Likes

Gotta say it again, I just love the body shape of the Euro in particular. And red is definitely my color for instruments. Just gorgeous.

6 Likes

I don’t need a new bass! Wrong!
If I were to buy another bass, it would certainly be another Sandberg. Wrong again.

But I need a bass to test strings and play around with. I was looking for a cheap Fender or Yamaha bass when I came across this thing while browsing a local bass forum at halftime in the Divisional Playoffs.
MGH Guitars is a small custom maker in Germany. They make 60 to 80 instruments a year. Rare breed, the bass is a one-off. The price was reasonable. Honestly it was a bargain. Long story short, I couldn’t resist. A MUST buy!
Seller is a professional musician. He owns over 20 basses including EB Music Man, Rickenbacker and some top notch Fenders. He said it was time to get rid of some basses. Good for me :slight_smile:
Bass is in mint condition. Ebony fretboard, nice inlays. Also got a hardshell case which was not part of the initial offer. He also sponsored me a set of new Marleaux strings. I’d call it a perfect day!

29 Likes

Love those inlays! Beautiful!!

12 Likes