Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Wow, thank you. Really glad to be part of this place.

8 Likes

Ooooo, nice grain in that Maple! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

That’s a beautiful piece of wood @DaveP
Congratulations

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah it has this amazing smooth satin finish that I can’t explain. Wonderful tactile feel to the finish that I love. Not sure if anyone else has one, but it’s unlike any other bass I’ve held

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for having a look. I don’t know many people in real life who are that interested, so no one here really to show it off to. Appreciate you guys being a bit of an audience, if that makes any sense

5 Likes

If you’re interested, I originally posted back in December asking about a damaged Cort bass I’d found in a pawn shop - Old Cort bases, are they any good? - and the strong recommendation from everyone here was “avoid”.

Listened to you, and went looking at new ones and placed an order for this Yamaha

5 Likes

Looks like you made a good choice!

5 Likes

Mate, absolutely!
Gotta run now, part of the joy of having kids is the role as perpetual taxi driver. You’re all awesome, thanks for your time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s a pic of my Carvin brothers:

Both are post 2000 Carvin “bolts”; a sunburst B4 and a white B5. The B4 is straight up passive, while the B5 is both passive and active with a 3 channel EQ. The B4 is running Fender 7250s (45-105) and the B5 is running SIT Foundations (40-120).

16 Likes

My current set up. 2018 Fender American P. I’m a sucker for anything olive, this did the trick.

I have DR Pure Blues strings on it currently, absolutely love ‘em.

20 Likes

Very nice rig! Glad you’re here.

Now you ought to pop over to the Introduce Yourself thread do the B2B gang can welcome you to the family.

4 Likes

Love the colour, looks gorgeous! I’ve got a Yamaha in a similar green - mist green, I think it’s called

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to get on that for sure.

5 Likes

Thank you! I just looked up that mist green… such a good color! :fire:

5 Likes

recently purchased MIJ vintage from Guitar center.
I would have uploaded the photos but I haven’t received them yet.
Once I will receive it I will upload some photos.
Haven’t played bass guitar let’s see.
Also guitar center was giving 20% discount and an impressive guitar center return policy of 20 days.

7 Likes

Cool! What brand?

3 Likes

Hey folks,
I’m new here but looking forward to seeing your bass pics. Here is a pic of my BC Rich Mockingbird. I have been playing BC Riches since the late 80’s.

26 Likes

My other bass is an ESP LTD B-208SM 8-String Bass. It really adds some nice color on some slower songs. It also sounds sweet with some distortion too.

18 Likes

@acewoodson sure, just come barging in like that and make everyone (or at least, me) jealous with that gorgeous Mockingbird bass of yours :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :wink:

Welcome to the forums, come over to the Introduce Yourself! thread and tell us a little bit more about yourself if you like!

8 Likes

Wow that BC Rich is gorgeous!

8 Likes