Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Thank you! I just looked up that mist green… such a good color! :fire:

5 Likes

recently purchased MIJ vintage from Guitar center.
I would have uploaded the photos but I haven’t received them yet.
Once I will receive it I will upload some photos.
Haven’t played bass guitar let’s see.
Also guitar center was giving 20% discount and an impressive guitar center return policy of 20 days.

7 Likes

Cool! What brand?

3 Likes

Hey folks,
I’m new here but looking forward to seeing your bass pics. Here is a pic of my BC Rich Mockingbird. I have been playing BC Riches since the late 80’s.

26 Likes

My other bass is an ESP LTD B-208SM 8-String Bass. It really adds some nice color on some slower songs. It also sounds sweet with some distortion too.

18 Likes

@acewoodson sure, just come barging in like that and make everyone (or at least, me) jealous with that gorgeous Mockingbird bass of yours :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :wink:

Welcome to the forums, come over to the Introduce Yourself! thread and tell us a little bit more about yourself if you like!

8 Likes

Wow that BC Rich is gorgeous!

8 Likes

The mockingbird is gorgeous.

7 Likes

Great basses @acewoodson !
I love old school BC Rich’s.
The ESP 8 string is interesting to me, might be something to add to the collection one day.

7 Likes

Sweet.
Welcome @acewoodson
I have never owned a B.C.Rich, but would love one or more some day.
A warlock with double P pickups and the side by side headstock, or a rich bitch, or a mockingbird, etc…
See its gonna be more then one :wink:

5 Likes

@acewoodson I am intrigued by your 8 string ESP, is it difficult to play ? does it head dive with all those tuners and what sort of strings ?

6 Likes

I am two, but have another question.
Can you play with fingers, or do you need to pick to get effective resonation?

5 Likes

D’stroyah is back!

If this doesn’t take you back to the 80s, a Destroyer body. my new Ibanez MDB5. Actually a Mike D’Antonio signature bass, but I’m not as into that as the body.

Okoume, maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Factory it comes in drop C tuning with a 120 C string. Seymour Duncan SPB1 and SJB-1B pickups, but that was too deep for me. I’m getting it with Steve Harris strings and a Steve Harris SPB4 pickup, the SJB-1b stays.

It also comes with a case. And weighs 7.5 pounds.

This is a case of Covid strikes again, it was scheduled for January, pushed back to September/October, and showed up unexpectedly this week. Sweetwater only got 3 of them. I have been looking for one on the used market - an MDB3 or MDB4 - for some time but they just do not come up.

The blue knob in the middle of the control plate, that’s the tone control. Mike says he is a clutz and put it on back so he wouldn’t keep bumping it. Once I get a tone I like I generally don’t mess with it so all good.

I am happy she is here, but not as much with the timing. This was to be my late year beast. Oh well. Thanks Rona.

And after playing Streams not at all worried about the shape. And it will be bout my lightest bass

16 Likes

I will add the bass was built by Core-Tek in Indonesia in December last year according to serial number decoders.

And it picked an inconvenient day to arrive. It’s slated to show up next Friday, which is when I can pick up my used B3K when it gets out of pawn shop jail. I had planned to drive to Seattle that day.

3 Likes

Looks wicked!

4 Likes

Wow congrats that super cool!

4 Likes

Very metal @Wombat-metal . Looks really cool

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

During a brief distraction with regular guitar in the late 90s, I had an Ibanez Destroyer II. Awesome guitar.

This bass - of course - looks just like it, color aside.

I dig it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have kind-of always wanted a BC Rich. But if I ever got one, it would have to be one of those that look like Dethklok’s Dethphone… a Warlock, or a Widow, or a Beast. Something that would make Toki Wartooth say “This is heavy. It hurts my face. Boy, I really hates it.” :smiley:

That Mockingbird looks really sweet. I dig the red.

5 Likes