Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

We’ll see. Not too worried about it, but might write them for yuks.

6 Likes

Also, apparently, the pickup is a thing:

https://guitarnuts2.proboards.com/thread/7896/fender-vintage-precision-analysis-review/

Checking pictures of other Hybrid II’s online, you can actually see it:

Weird but seems like it’s by design. Nice quirk :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Love the maple fretboard and the body colour @howard . Nice buy

6 Likes

interesting.
I would have thought they would raise them on the D&A vs. just the A (Fralin does this on Jazz pickups.
But then makes sense if its a thing.

5 Likes

Also, while this pickup isn’t bad, I wouldn’t say it’s superb either. My SBV’s P pickup is definitely noticeably better. I may be upgrading this pup anyway.

6 Likes

My P bass (from All In One Guitars) had the same, and I guess it has to be like that…

PS: congrats on the bass!!

EDIT: I just read on a thread on TB where they mention exposed poles on P bass pickups, which better bring out a certain clankiness often associated (or sought after) in a P bass - something to do with actually having the string touch the pole (not always, but when you dig in accordingly).

6 Likes

Here’s your new pick guard @howard :slight_smile:

8 Likes

love the blue. really nice bass for a stupid fender :rofl: congrats!

(actually there’s a bunch of fenders i like).

6 Likes

Fender has to keep Fralin and Duncan in business. Where would they be if Fender used awesome puppies?

Looks great though. congratulations. You got the second best Bass this week.

Jk

Mine came with an alright gig bag too. Functional not much more

7 Likes

This is pretty cool Barney. I had one specially made with your picture on it so it feels we are always playing together. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Nice, I have different glasses these days as it’s an old picture but I appreciate the sentiment.

8 Likes

Yeah, baby! :joy:

6 Likes

No doubt.

4 Likes

Purchased this bass the first day I saw it, three months ago! I still don’t have it and has been back ordered till Dec 23rd! WTH! This is a global backorder. Ibanez ran out of wood?

15 Likes

Congrats @howard ! beautiful color combination.

6 Likes

Sandberg has a waiting time between 6-12 months depending on what you are buying.

Hope you get your bass soon! Looks awesome

5 Likes

That is a sexy, sexy beast.

7 Likes

I love SR’s.

7 Likes

I have a bass on order from last May (21) no delivery date. Welcome to the new normal

6 Likes

You know with the dollar at 138 yen like it is right now, it might be cheaper to just buy at Japanese shops and pay for the shipping. My MIJ P came out to $781 US new, including the 10% tax. Wait will be short for the good chains like Ikebe Gakki, Kurosawa Gakki, Ishibashi Gakki and Shimamura Gakki.

4 Likes