Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Can’t wait to see the third, @kahiona42 :rofl:

3 Likes

Love that Purple Kahiona!

2 Likes

Nice…Mark_D! Reminds me of a Gibson SG in a way. Very cool! And holy beefy bridges batman!

4 Likes

SGs look great but I think it looks much cooler than a SG :slight_smile:

That grain is gorgeous. Love the satin job on the neck and the way they blend it - that’s a nice touch they didn’t have to do, but did anyway.

I have read nothing but universal love for those Supros, @Mark_D - looks like an awesome bass. They are a go-to recommendation for short scales most places I see them brought up. When I was considering one, those were a common recommendation.

4 Likes

Wowza a purple 'Ray - how cool!

2 Likes

@kahiona42 Welcome to BassBuzz! When you have time, stop by the Introduce Yourself thread.

Ahh that Tagima. I’ve heard of these but haven’t seen one in the wild. Build quality is supposed to be very good. Have you had a chance to compare it to the Fender Jazz it’s based on?

2 Likes

Dang. That’s pretty.

2 Likes

it’s more based on a P … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That purple Stingray is the business. Love the black hardware on it, too.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the likes and positive comments for my Supro :slight_smile:

Funnily enough the SG was high on the list of possibles. In fact I wanted either a mahogany Greco (not Gibson) SG or a Reverend Wattplower, which is very much SG derived.

Then I became aware of the Supro and it knocked the others into the sidelines. Then one came up locally at a knockdown price and I couldnt resist it.

Yes the bridge is very beefy for the size of the instrument. There’s an inset in the saddles that the strings go through, which I’m pretty sure must be something to do with the Piezo.

1 Like

Something similar going on with my Tbird. Can’t say I’d noticed it before. Looks like a sacrificial insert. Theres something reassuring about such a solid bridge and I plan to replace the standard on my TRBX504 - eventually.

1 Like

“The single-pickup Huntington I model projects a warm, balanced sound with a passive tone control that acts as an “old-school” knob, taming the highs and drawing the bass deeper back into the mix. A piezo-equipped bridge option, activated via toggle switch, enables acoustic bass sounds as well as enhanced attack for pick playing and slap. When the piezo pickups are activated, the tone knob allows the player to adjust the character of the piezo sound”

1 Like

very nice bass by the way…

2 Likes

Hey Pete that looks like the exact same bridge but in black.
Well spotted!!

1 Like

Yeah, I thought they were similar, but when I looked closely at the photo I noticed even the stippled effect on the base - just covered a bit with paint on mine. I think it’s the best bridge I have on any of my basses, and it’s what made me think they’re the way to go. Solid through all adjustments, unlike the normal budget bridge that I think is causing a slight problem with my TRBX (“G string not quite right somehow”).

I hadn’t heard of Supro until you posted about them, but this weekend I got a newsletter from Bass Direct about them.

2 Likes

Does your TRBX not have a stock Yamaha bridge? Maybe post a pic?

1 Like

I have to agree. It’s certainly the best bridge on any of my basses.

It’s an old American name from the 50’s and 60’s that has been resurrected. It was the budget brand of National (like Epiphone was to Gibson) They used to make cheapo catalogue type guitars, but the pickups were always highly regarded. The pickups in the modern Supro’s are copies of the original ones.

1 Like

As far as I know it is the stock bridge, it’s just not as solid as the one on the Supro and Bird. When I was looking closely because of a slightly odd sounding G string, I noticed that the saddle wasn’t properly bedded in the track, but it won’t quite adjust with the string tensioned. It’s nothing major, but talk of the solid bridges got me thinking.

1 Like

slacken the string off then . . .

It’s generally tough and not necessarily a good idea to try and reposition saddles with the strings tensioned. If you loosen the strings does it properly seat in the slot?

Haven’t had any issues with the bridge on either of my TRBXs, which is why I was asking…

exactly :slight_smile: