Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I love this. I always say “for S&Gs” but I’m going to assimilate “shiggles”.

3 Likes

I need to start copyrighting my PaulSpeak :rofl: :+1:

4 Likes

That’s… pretty effin’ gorgeous.

That is also pretty effin’ gorgeous.

I love the gloss over natural wood on both of them. Quite delectable. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hard Luck Kings Cobra and Traben Phoenix 5 had GAS when I bought both of these lol

17 Likes

My first and only. Fender Duff McKagan Signature Deluxe. I wouldn’t call myself a GNR fan (check out my strap to learn about my musical preferences) but have always preferred the P Bass shape to the Jazz, and figured I could cultivate a variety of tones with the P/J setup and the TBX circuit. Plus the neck plays fast like a Jazz. I know a lot of people claim this isn’t actually the “best of both worlds” but its certainly got more versatility that a standard P and looks awesome as well! I only wish it had a maple fingerboard but purely for aesthetic reasons.

20 Likes

:100:

Welcome, @oldrayseasoning. Glad you’re here. Consider popping over to the Introduce Yourself! (2023) thread so the gang can welcome you.

3 Likes

Welcome. Nice bass!

2 Likes

Nice! :ok_hand:

funny you say that, I actually don’t really like them much at all! Axl Rose’ voice is like the whole “fingernails down a chalkboard” thing to me :joy:
but annoyingly, they do have some really fun to play bass lines though! :woozy_face::joy:

6 Likes

That is a very cool bass you got there, congratulations! Your strap doesn’t tell me anything about your musical preferences though, so you’ll have to elaborate on that!

5 Likes

Hint: they’re not alive, and they give thanks.

7 Likes

Pure Americana. The Grateful Dead. I saw them play many times.

Phil Lesh was their bassist. He started on violin as a kid before transitioning to trumpet. He became enthralled with avant garde classical music and free jazz, which would largely contribute to the soul and groove of the Dead’s improv in concert.

For those who know, the Dead were serious improvisational musicians. Their live performances were far more akin to jazz than rock ‘n’ roll. They would start a song and then take off in seemingly free-form improv, never looking at one another for visual cues. But, somehow that seemed otherworldly, they would come back seamlessly to the structure, lyrics and melody of the song.

Recordings don’t come anywhere near to witnessing a live experience.

4 Likes

I saw what you did there.

2 Likes

My gorgeous Ibanez SR400EPBDXTSU <33 It’s my first base so I wanted to make sure I got something I would want to keep learning on!

30 Likes

love that colour!

5 Likes

That sure is gorgeous, Congrats. Welcome to BassBuzz!

4 Likes

Not anymore, :joy:

2 Likes

Love the poplar Burl.

4 Likes

Those Ibanez tinted burls look so good.

4 Likes

If I did something, I guess I did it without knowing :joy:

4 Likes

New bass day. Adding a Fender AmPro Jazz bass in “Dark Night” color.

24 Likes