Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Well, anyways, back to the subject of DR color coated strings.

Tuesday, before the food poisoning incident. my amazon order that was supposed to be here tomorrow arrived. Ummm. Sure, why not, I will take it.

So when you take those, and mix with this…

Stir ingredients in a bowl
Place flat on a non greased cookie sheet
crank up the heat to inferno
Send to Hell’s Kitchen
Bake for 30 min.
Remove from the fire
Tune
Set Action
Tune
Check intonation
Make adjustments to liking.

And now you have The FRX from Hell

9 Likes

Damn it… Now i’m tempted to get some red strings. It goes very well with your bass colors (which are very similar to mine).

Love the pentagrams also!

Btw, from the pics I have the sensation the strings have some sort of cloth, but it’s just a coat of paint right?

2 Likes

Not paint.
It is a patent applied coating. It won’t wear off like paint.

3 Likes

I used “paint” for lack of a better word. Anyway, definitely not cloth :joy:

3 Likes

I am not a huge fan of plain black basses, so I needed to do something. And since it is a Tom Araya “Slayer” Bass, the Red Devil strings just seemed to fit, and it’s no longer just a Black Bass.

5 Likes

Correct😂

2 Likes

I hear you! My first one was all black and now it’s bare wood (still waiting for treatment). And my current one is this one:

I talked about it somewhere else, but here it is again. It’s a custom J-bass called JMS Vintage Master. It’s not plain black, but I reckon it would go very well with red strings.

7 Likes

Yes it will

2 Likes

Welcome @kmock30
Nice bass you have there

2 Likes

Love the headstocks on those Jacksons!

3 Likes

Nice bass @kmock30! I’m curious what music you like to listen to / play on that thing?
I’m always thinking metal when I see Jacksons.

7 Likes

Being totally honest, I haven’t done much with it other than the course currently. My goal is to play bass for our church worship team at some point. What I like to listen to is a little different that worship music. I would say my favorite band is Skillet. But i also like Twenty one Pilots. I really like to listen to almost anything.

7 Likes

Awesome, and I love that your response defied my bass-label stereotype! Thanks for that. Playing on a worship team is such a killer way to learn the ropes of music. I wish you all the best in that endeavor!

6 Likes

A new addition to my little bass guitar family :guitar:

Schecter Omen Extreme 5 from 2009 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Guess I’ll gladly stay at home this weekend :grin:

22 Likes

That bass should play really nicely! Enjoy.
I was looking at a lot of Schecter Basses a few weeks ago, and I’ve never gotten my hands on one to check out.

Let us know how it goes.

5 Likes

Nice one! Hope you enjoy playing it.

It’s so weird. We have a DnD Session this weekend and I can just think about practicing music. Hopefully it fades and I enjoy playing once I’m there. I love the group :relaxed:

4 Likes

You will enjoy the RPG. There’s a time to practice and a time to meet with friends :wink:

4 Likes

I’m a bit overwhelmed by that B-string right now, but it feels good. Love that low rumbling vibe coming from it :blush:
I’ll have to find me some songs to practice :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@T_dub that’s the mutts nuts very hot :fire:
Jamie

2 Likes

I could spend the weekend looking at her @Krescht very nice
Jamie

2 Likes