Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@alexmorrison14 very nice.
Black strings?
Jamie

3 Likes

Schecter’s are awesome. They make high end stuff, and don’t make as low end of stuff as other Big Names do. That bass is awesome, I have a 5 string Schecter, and am looking for a 4 string match. It is similar model to yours, but a little older.

3 Likes

Sebastiaan Cornelissen (that’s Frans Vollink’s goto drummer) has the fretless version of this bass, and his assessment is that the thing is way better than it ought to be at that price… which makes me think you got a dud.
If the nut is too low, you can shim the bridge all you want, but when you get the buzz out at the bridge, your action will be measured in phonebooks rather than in millimeters.

Also, Thomann is usually incredibly helpful.

4 Likes

:joy: Brilliant Peter, Thomann staff are super helpful friendly and just nice to speak to. I’m not in any rush that and I took an extra prozac. I’m calm she was lovely to look at for a few days
Jamie

3 Likes

So I saw the D’Angelico hollow body bass and just had to have it! Got it new for half price so I figured I wasn’t risking all that much by not having played one. Am I glad I did!! First bass was a cheapo with a warped neck, second was a new Squire and now this baby! The fit and finish is miles ahead of the Squire (and it’s blue!) - ya gets what ya pays for!! Interesting thing about humbuckers, they don’t hum like my jazz bass! Go figure!! https://dangelicoguitars.com/guitars/premier-series/premier-bass/#DAPBASSTBLCSPO

5 Likes

Some nice stuff being posted :sunglasses:
That bass you have there is a real beauty @dprkforum :star_struck:
Hopefully you’ll get a good result @Jamietashi.
Shame it was a dud as it looks very tidy.

3 Likes

So this arrived today. A bargain $80 and after soldering one wire that had become loose its working.
The neck feels good,the tuning pegs feel solid,the pickups sound OKish ,and the bridge is sturdy. The body is in good condition too.
So I’ve ordered some new pots already , I’ve got a new set of Dunlop roundwounds in stock, and then I’ll set it up properly.
I’m pretty happy tonight :grimacing:

11 Likes

Cool, what is the brand? Can’t make out what it says.
It won’t be that brand for long, it will be a Big Mac before you know it, but just curious what it started as.

2 Likes

It’s an Artist . Cheapo made in China but quality checked in Australia :joy:
Got big plans so it will be a watch this space but a slow one

3 Likes

@T_dub a better name is Miss Potential :star_struck: :guitar:
Nice project @Mac look fwd to seeing her transformation
In Scotland Big Mac normally wears a kilt and is built like a brick shit house :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Jamie

2 Likes

Interesting bass - not my style, but it’s an iconic form for sure. What I don’t understand is why they stuck an old car radio there underneath the bridge!?!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also had/have the problem with the nut on my MiM Jazz… still haven’t gotten around to fixing it. I am not really equipped to pull the nut out and put a new one in, and I haven’t tried the fix with baking soda and superglue yet. Of course, this being a new bass, you shouldn’t have to do any of that yourself!!

I am a bit amazed that Thomann let a not properly set up bass out the door. Maybe it depends on who has done the setup!? I had ordered a H-B 6 string a while back and when it took longer than expected, I wrote them and they replied that it was in the process of being set up at their HQ in Germany, and that caused the delay. And, when I got it, is was indeed set up very nicely.

Good luck with getting a great replacement bass!!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Got a choice of 2 tartans ( Stewart and Black Watch :wink:)
But I’m not built like a brick sh*t house lol

1 Like

Joerg the ca glue is not all that its made out, an emergency yes. Long term fix, no
If you don’t have the tools I would rather go for a shim then you have more material to do a set up. Good files are £45 each and you need two for a bass. Again in a fix, take a few business cards and wrap abrasive around them and it will with patience give a good slow result. If the paper becomes clogged just rub with a pencil eraser and that will remove. @joergkutter
Jamie

4 Likes

Thanks Jamie @Jamietashi

1 Like

Thinking about it. Worried I won’t be able to see them :laughing:

2 Likes

Uploading: ICJ2053097-angle-xlarge.jpg…

13 Likes

First instrument since 4th grade trumpet lol. Hoping to get decent lol

4 Likes

@cliffveazey that is one sweet looking lady the curves and the shading. If she plays as good as she looks :star_struck:
Jamie

5 Likes

Looks like she’s wearing the small black one.
A beauty :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice.

4 Likes