Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@Tibbz That’s a slick bass. I don’t think the quality is bad at all

3 Likes

Is that a Fender Rumble? I am thinking of getting one…
And, yes, the bass looks very nice - it’s active, isn’t it?

3 Likes

@Coia Quality seemed to improve once I had posted the pic haha! I do like Ibanez basses, I like the modern styling!

2 Likes

@joergkutter Yes, a Rumble 100… probably overkill for home practice, but a great sound!

3 Likes

Love makes things special. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got myself a Lyle 1220 hollow body with a 30" scale, I just really liked the way it felt and sounded. Also got a Gallien-Krueger MB 112 II amp because it sounded really great with this bass.

5 Likes

Nothing is overkill if, when you go to play, you like the sound that comes out! … also, bonus points for when it’s so loud, something in the room falls down.

6 Likes

My DIY Bass Kit.

9 Likes

I dig it!

1 Like

@Tibbz Very nice combo! I should’ve thought ahead and got the 100 instead of the 25 (which I bought for a practice amp). Why have two amps, especially if they are almost the same size and weight? Might as well get the better one! My newbie mistake. Good luck to you! :slight_smile:
All best, Joe

2 Likes

Wow! I’m impressed. That’s way outside my wheelhouse to actually put a bass together.

1 Like

OK, here’s a pic of my guitar . . . Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s

Olympic White . . . maple neck and maple body :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I LOVE those block inlays. Nice choice, there.

4 Likes

@Gio Thanks! :smile:

I joined this forum and read @JoshFossgreen “Best Beginner Bass” article after I bought it, and was glad to see that he gave it high marks. I agree with his assessment about the bridge pickup. The fit and finish is quite good for the price, and the only problem is that the volume knob feels a little scratchy. . . but I’m sure that will smoothen out with time. :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

1 Like

Been doing some buying and selling.

I have two, what could be considered spendy instruments. A Fender AMpro bass, and an AMpro Stratocaster. Both the same color. The rest are $200-300 instruments. I love them just as much.

Picked this up on CL $200. The previous owner is a real musician, only played in church :yum:

SX short scale fretless. I added SD pickups, the Babicz bridge I had in a parts box and tapewounds.

Glary P Bass. $67 from their website. It’s surprisingly good. I wasn’t happy with the setup I did, so I took it to the shop I use for a better setup. It’s really light and sounds good. A perfectly serviceable Bass. I bought the $61 Strat for a friend of mine. Took it to the same guy, and he just put new strings on it, tightened a couple things up, plugged it in and shredded. My friend loves it. If you get one, don’t get the $57 one from Ebay. The headstock is blank. It may be a knockoff. :crazy_face:

Squier CV. I put a Fralin pickup in it, along with flats. Wow! I really like the sound. I dig the headstock shape. The only reason I got it, really.

6 Likes

HA I was gonna say the same thing. My Squier VM looks identical except it has dots instead of blocks, and it’s so much less cool…

Nice collection @asantora!

3 Likes

My Earnie Ball Musicman Stingray

13 Likes

My Warwick Rock bass

5 Likes

Time to start a Fugazi cover band!!!

2 Likes

HAHA! I like Fugazi! LOL

3 Likes