Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Just join the course and got this new bass. I just got it today! I had one for a week that I didn’t like (it was a really “cheap” one), and after watching the video on bassbuzz, I decided to get myself a Yamaha TRBX304 … RED. Red is to please my three daughters and my wife that like the colors …

I also have an acoustic Ibanez just because I love the sound of an acoustic bass.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @claude.belanger1

That’s a mighty fine bass :+1:

6 Likes

Excellent choice :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @claude.belanger1!

Beautifull red indead :slight_smile: I think you can’t be wrong with this one! Not my kind of bass but certainly a perfect value for the money!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @claude.belanger1. I am in the 3 daughter club too, I just don’t have the wife anymore. :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @claude.belanger1,
Enjoy the ride, Yamaha basses are really nice👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

you (well me anyways) would think that a company like yamaha would make a pretty bland generic bass, but those both look and from what i hear, play, great.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @claude.belanger1. Good looking bass you have there.

4 Likes

@claude.belanger1 welcome on board you are going to have fun.
This could be a good excuse for GAS. Show them pretty red bass
Jamie

1 Like

Well my Harley Benton did not work out for the second time, so.
I bought this tiny wee ESP LTD short scale bass. Bought it from Thomann in Germany, excellent service and a great wee bass well set up. I have a set of Rotosound 88 Black nylon strings 65 115 on the bench ready to put on which means a nut job as these strings are thick. E is 3.1mm I’ve been trying to find a light well balanced bass as the Ibanez 300 is a bit to heavy for me at the moment at 10lbs

Jamie

8 Likes

This is my Ibanez SR400 Korean built, I love this thing, it has a very muddy/woody tone when the active EQ is dialled in right, perfect for those the old school lines and slapping is a dream is on it. It seems to naturally have a darker tone than my other basses, almost choclatey if you can describe it as that.

Next up is the Aria Pro II IGB-50, great little bass. I found this is an awesome slapper, it is quite bright and very responsive.

And finally, my Fender MIM JB, the first ‘proper’ bass I ever bought.

10 Likes

there ya go :+1:

5 Likes

You’ve got good taste in basses @birchie7 :+1:

3 Likes

I love the Fender MIM JB beautiful wood finish. I wish they make more natural wood finish.

4 Likes

Hi all, new here. I just started playing about 5 months ago and I’m already up to 3 basses. I started out with the Ibanez on the right, then about 2 months later I picked up the Epiphone Thunderbird IV Goth on the left. My latest acquisition is the Warwick Vampyre (seeing a pattern here? :slight_smile: ) in the front. Nevermind that little guitar in the background, it’s more of a toy and I don’t really play it.

12 Likes

Welcome to the community @SMTXNL. Are those fret wraps on two of the three beauties you have there?

3 Likes

Welcome @SMTXNL!
Looks indeed like there’s a scheme behind the choice of those bass guitars :sweat_smile:
@JerryP, those look like Gruvgear fretwraps to me :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, those are indeed the Gruvgear fretwraps.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @SMTXNL,
Enjoy the ride.
Nice collection of basses.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @SMTXNL. Nice Vamp, I like a little color in my life, so I would get it in something other then black, but I really like the design.

4 Likes