Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Um, yeah. Me too.
One of the most influential bass players for me, anyway. Annnnnd… he plays a Stingray! You can see it in between the shaky blurry shots of guitar players and crowd heads in this video… and hear one of my favorite bass lines.

3 Likes

Wow, flashbacks to the first time I heard Waiting Room (speaking of great basslines) - at its release, actually, dating myself a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No pets in this photo, sadly, but I did get my wife’s pretty pink towel :slight_smile:

My Yamaha TRBX304. It was a really hard purchase decision between this and a BB234 - the bass I used to play way back in college was my roommate’s BB, and man I loved that thing. I never did any real lessons back then - just kind of figured it out, since he was the actual bassist and I just played it for fun. Regretting that now, glad to find such a great beginner’s course to get back in to it, years later.

No regrets, loving the TRBX, it even came set up reasonably well out of the box. Plus I fell in love with the candy apple red, which we all know is the most important factor when choosing a musical instrument.

11 Likes

@howard Very nice guitar, and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

You have good taste in guitar stands, too! :wink:

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ha! First 3 basses I bought were 100% looks. Luckily the 3rd one was also a good bass.

4 Likes

I want those wall hangers!

1 Like

Hi all! First and foremost, Josh I am LOVING the program! Figured I’d join in this cool thread and show my two beloved Fenders. Jazz is a 2017 Fender MIM, and the P Bass is a new Fender USA Performer series (Somewhat of a P/J with the one Jazz pickup, it sounds amazing).

14 Likes

Cool basses - also, dig the decor. Very hip.

4 Likes

What Gio said, nice basses and sweet home decorating! :stuck_out_tongue: Glad you’re digging the course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@rgroxx Very nice guitars . . . and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the picture is my Peavey Raptor guitar. The Jass is a DIY kit from Amoon. A little history, Im 71 years old going through my third child-hood, according to my wife. Played in many bands back in San Francisco from 1965 thru 1975. Marriage, kids, and working full-time as a plumber in SF didn’t give me much time to play. I turned 70 and for my birthday I got the Raptor with a Peavey VIP amp. Its been down hill from there.

8 Likes

Good for you and welcome back :slight_smile: Your guitars look great, too!

All best and good luck, Joe

1 Like

Awesome. How’s it going, neighbor? I’m up in Petaluma.
What kind of bands? Band names?? I’d love to hear more about this!

2 Likes

Just found this website, while looking for a decent amp. I’ve been playing for about 5 months, and flipping loved every second of it.

My first was the Talman-100
and then I saw the Cort Curbow-4FL.

7 Likes

@jones . . . That Cort fretless looks awesome!

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Thank you dude!

it’s really pretty, in certain light it’s two tone paint so it shimmers green, it’s really smooth to play once I got over sliding up and down the fretboard! Doing the old WIT WOO! Haha!

3 Likes

I love that!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: Did you find an amp yet? Josh has a great article on beginner bass amps to help get you started. Good luck, and see you around the forums, Joe

1 Like

I have a Fender Rumble 15 but it really struggles when messing with the pots on the amp, possibly because it’s only 15w sounds fabulous clean though.

I should perhaps think about getting something a touch more substantial.

2 Likes