Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@jones Yes, indeed. I bought the Rumble 25 (~$99) which is great for practice and has a very clean sound. In retrospect, I wish I had purchased either the 100 or the 200, because they take up about the same footprint as the 25, but could be used for practice AND small gigs.

Consider your future needs as well as your budget. :slight_smile: Josh recommends the 40 (~$199) as best overall for under $300 range. Good luck and happy shopping!

All best, Joe

1 Like

In 64’ the band was The Mardels in Half Moon Bay
In 65’ the band was Night Riders in San Mateo
In 67’ Painted Faces in Daliy City
In 70’ The Malibu’s in San Francisco
In 77’ The Reactor’s in Livermore (LLNL)

4 Likes

My Aria Pro II Cat Bass and Charvel Eliminator with my Crush 50.

My latest acquisition was an Ibanez RD707

8 Likes

You like red :grin:

You might want to check out the new Cort basses: Cort’s B4 Plus AS RM bass goes tonewood crazy

3 Likes

I love my Peavey Jazz Bass, and My Cort is pretty awesome too. I just got the stingray today. I traded my Ibanez SR305, 5 string for it. I’ve always wanted a stingray and with the confidence I’m gaining with the Beginner to Badass course, I decided to go for it.

11 Likes

Wow all three of those are gorgeous. Love that red on the Cort, the Stingray is a great classic look, and the Peavey is literally my favorite color :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I like the Peavey so much it’s been my go to bass whenever I’d pick one up. I’m really digging this stingray though.

2 Likes

New toy just arrived this week!!!

10 Likes

Ooh pretty! Who’s signature is that?

2 Likes

@drexel98 Beautiful guitar . . . I like that pearl pickguard, too! :slight_smile:

Congrats and wishing you many happy years of enjoyment with it, Joe

2 Likes

Beauty.
Looks like the Geddy, yes? J bass with block inlays, and a badass bridge? They’re made in Japan, and are very dreamy. Good score!

3 Likes

It is the Geddy, but this is the USA-made version…

5 Likes

Finally getting around to taking pictures of my stuff.

Dean Edge 2 that I recently bought used. I love playing this, and I’ve been playing it exclusively since I got it.

Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 that I bought new for my first bass. Currently has flatwounds that I had put on just to try them out. I don’t think I’ll stick with them. Between that and the action being too high after the setup I got, I haven’t been really excited to play this one. When I get around to putting rounds on it and having the action lowered it’ll be fun to play again, though.

Gallien-Krueger MB 800 Fusion and Acme Low B-2 cab. I’m really loving this combo…it’s put my Fender Rumble 40 to shame. I can shake the walls without the amp or cab even breaking a sweat.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking at the Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4. When you get it setup, I would be interested in hearing what you think!

1 Like

@lucas9000 Very nice combo . . . I like your Schecter, and that amp looks badass! Good luck and all best, Joe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine needed a setup out of the box, but I played it for a while until I couldn’t stand it anymore and finally got the setup. When I did I had him put flats on it just for the hell of it. The action is much higher now, which I don’t like. So, I’ll need to get it set up again, unfortunately.

I like it well enough, but it was my first bass and I’d never played before so I just went by online reviews.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m going to have to get out and play one.

1 Like

Oooooh. The creme-de-la-creme.
Very slick indeed. Nice choice.

1 Like

Well I did a thing this week :open_mouth:. The maple is some of the nicest I’ve ever seen on a guitar… Josh you forgot to mention that basses are addictive :grimacing:

8 Likes

so lovely…

2 Likes