Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

that is a beautiful piece of art

4 Likes

Traded in the 5 for the 4. cool color, more metallic coppery than it looks in pix. These mikros are surprisingly good - easy to play and sound good too. I could seriously see people using it as their only bass.

8 Likes

Never know it may surprise you.

So now set a goal and start working towards getting that stingray

4 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

so fender made a White Jaguar bass for awhile, a 4 string that was active, I can never find one for sale though, it wasn’t even a American, I believe it was a Japanese or something like that, anyone know where I can find one, I want the arctic white one, (I kinda have a thing for white basses)

4 Likes

Nice @itsratso :sunglasses:

Still waiting for mine to be delivered :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I understand completely ! … My other half recent started a card making endeavor with her sister and I said I gotta get me a new hobby. I mentioned regretting I never did much with my bass I had back in the late 80s in the Marines and then sold when I got out and she said then buy yourself one and start over right. I started looking online , found a veterans discount and 2 days later, I got the same Squier as you except in Red and found Josh on YouTube and here I am too. I have vacation all next week, so I know what I’ll be doing … B2B

8 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

It’s a great course which is also quite addictive. It’s amazing how much progress can be made and how quickly. Josh is the man :+1:

6 Likes

Nice bass, I have the same one, and it NOW is my only Ibanez left. I think I had 4 at one time.

I sold the SR400 tonight.
I didn’t’ expect to sell the SR tonight actually, I expected to sell the LTD B-155DX 5 string, that is what they guy came to look at, but he left with the Ibanez. I turned a $50 profit on it in the end.
I was not getting alot of inquiries about the SR400, so i am glad to have sold it now.

And again, I am left with the delima of weather to sell the LTD B-155. I like it, and I want to keep a 5 string. It boils down to what somebody is willing to pay. If I sell it for the full asking price of $400, I turn a $220 profit. that is more then double, and I have seen others for sale in the $200 price range, I can always get another if I look.
So $400 takes it, anything else walks.

4 Likes

I am sooooooo opposite. I din’t care much for white bass’s or black bass’s.
Funny thing tho, I don’t reallly care for Thunderbird’s either , they just don’t do it for me, but of all the colors that I would consider getting a Tbird in, the White and black are the only ones I like. Strange

I sort of take that back, I have seen a few white basses that are OK, but only with black hardware, I don’t like them with gold much at all.

1 Like

Here are my three basses. The Squier PJ was my first and the one i did the B2B course with. I got the Dean EAB as I thought an acoustic would be very handy to just pick up and play as well as playing outside in the sun etc. The Yamaha BB604 is the latest addition as it’s just so different to the Squier.

11 Likes

Awesome little family you got there.
Which do you like best? or do you play them all equally?

4 Likes

The Squier is my first love and I love its tone, probably because I’m so used to it, so it gets played the most. The BB604 is great for metal and is very easy to play, but you know, it’s the second child… The Dean is used when I want to try something quickly or outside in the sun or around the fire.

5 Likes

Nice collection @MattG :+1: but you do realise you should always have an even number :joy:

8 Likes

I reserve that OCD trait for the TV volume :grimacing: But I keep thinking about a Thunderbird…

6 Likes

You have a J/J and a P/J. You need a bass with humbuckers :slight_smile:

8 Likes

IDK about that, I think my first love was about my 5th or 6th child. (bass children, not real children, I love all 3 of my daughters equally)

3 Likes
6 Likes

Oh my :scream::sunglasses::scream::sunglasses::scream::sunglasses: @itsratso

4 Likes