Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

This Carvin LB 70 was a gift from my brother in law. It’s the kindest thing someone has done for me and I will treasure it always. He gave it to me knowing I have always wanted to learn to play the bass. I think it’s a beauty.

19 Likes

Very nice, @SugarRay319 . . . you’re off to a great start :wink:
I like those inlays, too!

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Thank you. Yeah, I think the Carvin has an amazing look to it and sounds great.

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

3 Likes

Here’s my Yamaha TRBX 504 & Fender Rumble 40 (and a shameless plug for Beginner to Badass lessons)

14 Likes

Nice! I envy the 504 for the passive pickup option. I considered spending the extra over my 304 just for that.

2 Likes

Nice indeed! I was actually pining for the 604 (with that gorgeous maple top layer on it - in addition to the passive pickup option as well!) As much as I love the candy apple finish on our 304, I am a sucker for a real wood grain look!

2 Likes

Thanks! I got kinda lucky and found it (shhh, don’t tell Josh, lol) on Amazon after checking it out at my local GC. For less than what they wanted for it I got the bass, a hard case, tuner and cord. The only catch was I couldn’t chose the color but I’m very happy with it. I’ve been playing it out of the box since the action on it as it came isn’t bad but I will be getting a set up done soon.

2 Likes

Yeah the action on my 304 was pretty well set up out of the box. Then again every time I lower it I smile more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My first Bass. I’m a lefty, so I bought a 1 owner 2001 Fender MIM jazz bass. Owner upgraded it to be a PJ bass with EMG pick ups. He included the original pick ups, so I will put it back to stock until the day I need the PJ pieces.

8 Likes

Nice gear, and thanks for the plug @funplumbin1 :slight_smile:

Nice J bass @porsche.steve!

1 Like

Here is my bass. It’s an Ibanez SR300EB. Bought it used but in very like new condition. This is the only bass guitar I have. I have 31 guitars and eight trumpets, three keyboards too. For some reason the bass really seems to fit me.

9 Likes

Very nice, @jackpalek . . . :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard, and see you around the Forums!

All best, Joe

1 Like

Looks great @jackpalek! I like those basses.

2 Likes

Ooh very nice, I have heard a lot of good things about the SR line.

3 Likes

Ok, from right to left, Ibanez Soundgear 500, Aria Diamond 200, and a Fender P bass. I bought the Aria first as a beginner when I started playing a bunch of years ago. I was enjoying myself, had a teacher and decided to get a “nice” bass, and I was able to pick up the ibanez for pretty cheap. The P bass was a birthday gift from the extended family. I still don’t really know what the hell I’m doing, but I dig the way the aria and ibanez play. That ibanez is skinny, and if/when I can shred, I imagine that would be a sweet bass to shred on. The P bass might sound the best though. The P is growing on me more, but it needs some better setup me thinks. Also I added a pearl pickguard on the p bass, which makes it look awesome. I need something similar for the aria. I love that damn Aria. I think someone mentioned this in the forum, but sometimes you get lucky and a “cheap” bass, just plays great. I think that’s what happened for me with that aria. It does need a pickup upgrade though. Any recommendations for good single coils? was thinking about the vintage fender jazz pickups. Anyway, I still want a thunderbird, and a hollow body…:slight_smile:

7 Likes

That Ibanez is gorgeous! I mean they all are, but I love the 500. I looked at a few SR500s yesterday while shopping and was pretty impressed. Nice bass.

1 Like

There is just something about your very first bass, isn’t there :grinning:

2 Likes

Very nice basses, @The_Baron . . . :+1:

I really like that pearl pickguard, too!

1 Like

So I told you guys about the busted Taylor GS Mini I bought for $100 and repaired. Well I sold it and bought an Ibanez Mikro today.

Meet Gloria (as in Ol’ Glory). I’ll show you another pic in a few weeks when I get the stars and stripes on her. :slight_smile:

8 Likes