Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That’s interesting. It’s like the instrument @Korrigan made with the pickup on rails. I’m looking forward to the video.

4 Likes

Was so excited with the purchase and the practicing that I almost for got to share this. I am blown away with how nice the fit and finish is!

11 Likes

Nice Yamaha @Conor,
Great choice👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Great looking relic @terb, Laurent,
Looks like a peavey headstock🤔
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

more a Gibson headstock :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks Brian, just finished the ‘Running with the Devil’ fast play through, muting and all and I am grinning like a child haha. So satisfying when it comes together.

6 Likes

It was red, and I thought a red bass would look pretty on camera. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s okay, except the electronics aren’t shielded adequately, so it makes a lot of noise, would not recommend for a beginner. Seems like Squier puts in a lower level of effort on their cheapest instruments…

Nope, just stock cheapo pickups.

4 Likes

It started as a preference but ended as kind of an uncanny coincidence - every single bass and guitar I have owned has been red, all five of them.

5 Likes

Fantastic choice, great bass for the money. I loved mine.

5 Likes

Thanks Howard, I am blown away by it. My brother who plays a guitar (acoustic) 5 or 6 times the price was impressed. So it says a lot!

5 Likes

a short video for @eric.kiser and everyone who could be interested to see the sliding pickup system on the Grabber. as far as I know, that’s unique.

14 Likes

So cool.

5 Likes

Pretty cool @terb!

5 Likes

Here’s my cheap SX P Bass. For a sub £200 bass, it actually sounds amazing. Only problem is I don’t know how to play it :sob: :joy:

11 Likes

Looks great!

5 Likes

Got my bass today! I was going to get the Ibanez GSR180 but when I got to the store to check it out, I found I liked the Yamaha TRBX174 better for looks and sound and the sales guy said it was his favorite starter bass. So I snapped it up :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Excellent choice! Plus it goes with your avatar :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hahahha it’s also the same color as my car LOL

7 Likes

And as the Yamaha motorcycle I always wanted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s sick! I love sports bikes :slight_smile:

6 Likes