Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Get one! It matches your bass (and avatar :slight_smile:)

The R6 is a good choice if you don’t want a litre-bike.

4 Likes

I’m broke now after this bass. I’m also a drummer so I’ve spent $$$$ on drum stuff too haha. I can’t stop. I want all the things LOL

5 Likes

Ahh, now drums, that’s an expensive habit.

4 Likes

You’re tellin me. LOL

5 Likes

R1 widow maker @howard :joy:
Beast of a machine but a bit of a waste if you always obey traffic laws ,if you know what I mean :wink:

4 Likes

My last bike was a GPz1100e :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve had one of those stripped out street fighter style. Awesome bike.

4 Likes

Super good. I miss it.

4 Likes

The best I has before going Harley was a Suzuki 1100 EFE again stripped out with a 1250 engine upgrade, flat slide race carbs and a 4 into one exhaust. Just crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

And this

4 Likes

Awesome.

You’re not wrong about the R1 though. Tops out at 97mph - in first gear. Out of six. :fire: :japanese_ogre: :fire:

The way I used to put it was “One way or another, the R1 will be the last motorcycle I buy.”

In the end - probably best I never pulled that trigger :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To give you an idea of where my bass playing’s at, here’s some videos of me playing Another One Bites The Dust and Love Will Tear Us Apart.

1 Like

Not so bad for just starting out! Keep at it.

Love Will Tear Us Apart is not easy, chords like that might be a bit of a big bite to take this early :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, AOBTD is harder because the rhythm is weird for beginners, as Josh pointed out in one of his videos. LWTUA is relatively easy but switching between chords is hard. Thanks for the advice :smile:

1 Like

Another thing you can do with Love Will Tear Us Apart is just play the melody without the chording to start, then add the chording later. So basically the notes on the G string (and two on the D string at the end).

2 Likes

Ah, I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip :grinning:

1 Like

Hey. So I’m having this problem with my pickup and I don’t know what’s causing it or if I should worry about it :confused:
https://youtu.be/ax_HC0HW_vg

Does it pop back to full height after pushing on it?

Pickups are often adjustable - you can screw them down or up to adjust their height. Some of them are backed by springs or foam. While none of my basses have been springloaded exactly like that, I can picture that being normal on some basses.

Hopefully others can comment if they have pups like that.

2 Likes

Thanks. It does pop back to full height.

2 Likes

Just received my bassbuzz badass course in the mail .I look forward to what it has to offer . Heres shot of my Bass corner

12 Likes