Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Looks just as lovely as the arrangement in the background

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Like a Better Homes and Gardens photo

6 Likes

and I mean this as a compliment

5 Likes

How much did you get that for. I want a P bass now, and I love those LTD reissues.
Do they make it straight P also. I am not opposed to the P/J, but kind of want a straight P.
And I love my LTD”s, and I bet they have better pick ups then any squire or Fender would.
I saw the really nice silver \ blue. Almost looks like the fender color, but is a few shades nicer.
Congrats, looks awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah, you got to your forever bass maybe 3-4 Basses sooner then I did. Lol.

But I will say, that new TRBX174EW 604 in trans amber (Orange). Has started to make me want to look art one of those TRBX 604’s, cuz not only is it orange, but the cit and Tri, looks very super cool.

I had never written myself off of Yamahas, but I gravitated away a little when I found my go to Basses, Stingrays,
After getting my Sterling Ray 4, I slowly stopped playing both my Ibanez SR300 and SR400.
I had bought a RBX170, and tho it is not in the trbx line, the RBX 170 and 200 have close if not identical specs Ro the trbx 174 and 204, and for sure all 4 had the same body and pick ups.
I loved the neck even tho it was not the better 5pc neck you see on the 304 and up, but I had those on my Ibanez SR”s, so I knew I like Yamaha necks good enough, but I could not deal with the stock p pick up on the RBX170 ( which is same on 200 and trbx 174 and 204).
And as I was geavitating to my Stingray Ray 4, which has the similar Narrow neck, it is a bit thicker when measured from fretboard to back of the neck
, and the slightly rounder shape felt better to me on the Ray 4 then the Ibanez or Yamaha.
Now, I do not dislike those kicks at all, and I still consider I anew SR’S to be a desirable bass, it’s just I have had them already, and if I were to look at 5gem, it would be higher up the line.
Plus
I have an LTD B_4E that I love, and like the neck a little better then the Ibanez. Almost a tie, but the LTD feels a bit more solid.

At some time, when the world is normal again, and I can just walk right into a guitar shop, and pull a Yamaha 504 and 604 off the wall, I sure will, I really would like to feel a Yamaha, something better then the bottom rung, that I did not like, and get a true feel for them. I also plan to give the Bb line a go, I am sure they are awesome Basses too,
But
This orange one you are showing me, well, I am yempted to try and trade a EBMM Sting ray for one of the orange TRBX604 without even trying it out.
It’s one of those Basses that, well, if it looks that damn good, you know it has to play even better.

And I would still have 3 stingrays (of which 3 I am selling) so it’s not like I am giving up my number 1-2 or even 3 to get the 604
#1-Sterling by Musuc Man Stingray Ray4
#2-Ernie Ball Nusic Man Stingray classic 4 SLO Special
#3- ESP LTD B-4E

The question is, where would the trbx fit b the mix?
#1&#2 are basically #1
So it would either go to #3 or #4, or tie with he LTD for second after the two 1st place basses

ESP definitely makes quality instruments.

2 Likes

It was 1000 euro’s from Thomann and they only come in two colors: black and pearly white and both are p/j configuration. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Vintage P and Vintage J and both are full and fat sounding.

1 Like

Yeah just looked, the color I like is the AP-4
The blue is sick, but it is active, kind of defeats my purpose unless there is a passive mode. Would have to read more if I were serious about getting one, and I am not, not now anyway.

Love the look of this bass tho

4 Likes

this is my glarry gjazz bass :))

15 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try a Glarry how’s it sound?

4 Likes

It sounds great, at least I think it does anyway. I’m using the glarry amp as well which has a little buzzing but if you fiddle with the knobs enough it fixes the majority of it.

5 Likes

it is possible that buzzing is coming from a ground loop. so where you plug your amp into, and where in the house you are at can make a difference.
I have watched LowEnd Lobster turn on a glarry out of the box and it was silent. he did this in a video for Fret King basses or some other bass that advertises how they are so great they will turn you into a king, or some ridiculous claim. And of course it was a total flop of a bass, so he pulled the Glarry out of the box and plugged it in and it was silent. and he sort of laughed, thats a $349 total pc of total crap. the pick ups are noisy as hell, and I can pull out of the box, an $83 Glarry and it is silent.

so chances is, its your ground loop. others can explain that a little better then I, but it can happen when you plug your bass or amp or any pedal into your computer, or on the same socket as the computer, or other electrical noisy devices. I know I am only talking a tiny bit about them and my explanation is wrong, but when @howard reads, he should be able to shed more liget.

In case it is your Glarry, which I doubt, you can remove the pick ups (leaving them wired) and line the cavity they sit in with some copper foil, and that can help shield the pickups and help with noise as well.

6 Likes

Excellent! I have a 504 I bought last week in Brick Burst myself. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s possible the bass is picking up some interference. It’s a J though so the pickups shuld be reverse wound and cancel that. If it were P/J I would suspect that more.

Could be a shielding issue too, no idea though.

4 Likes

Oh, sorry, I didn’t look at the bass, just read the text and assumed it was a Glarry P bass.

2 Likes

My first bass, only a few months old. Its a MIM precision special which means it has a jazz neck, a heavy bridge, and switchable active pickups, along with the 3 band eq when active. A couple of friends who are gigging bassists said this was an ideal combo. Im just starting out but it sure seems to play nice in my beginner hands. Its beautiful to look at, but i do like the look of some of the higher end Ibanez line, especially the purple one with the quilted maple(?) body. A bit pricey, but very beautiful. But I’m loving the Fender. The little Rumble 40 is a nice little amp, too. The combo puts out some real nice sounds.

17 Likes

Hi @jcromp4, welcome to the forums! That sure is a nice “beginner” setup you have there. I’m putting the word “beginner” in quotation marks because I think it’s actually a step up from the real entry-level stuff. Should serve you well for quite some time!

6 Likes

Nice bass . I’ve got an MIM P bass and love it

5 Likes

Thanks!!! I’ll look into this

4 Likes

Thanks, Mike. I wanted to get something I could grow into. I do have a lot of growing to do, but it even just feels nice to hold a higher end instrument, maybe a little inspiration to work harder? The MIM’s product lines seem to be a nice in between range where they often have some cool features, decent quality, Fender name on the headstock, but a more reasonable price than the high end American stuff. I’m loving it and super happy with my little rig.

6 Likes