Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I don’t know if it is what you are looking for, but when I was learning fingerstyle guitar, Tony Polecastro’s community is just like this one. Amazing. I think you might have to take the course to access it though.

https://tonypolecastro.com/

Justin Guitar community is probably good too, but I didn’t use that one as much.

Basically, you want to look for communities aimed at learners. Generic musician communities seem to have elitism for whatever reason.

3 Likes

For lessons I recommend Justin Sandercoe, justinguitar.com

4 Likes

I started with Justin but had a better match with Andy Crowley, https://www.andyguitar.co.uk/

Both great online resources!

3 Likes

Hey all
I’ve been running through the beginner to badass course and thought I’d post up my gear.
I’ve been rocking my trusty Ibanez SR300E for a year or so. Really nice bass and very versatile - way lighter than my old Aria pro2 back in the day (oo 1990?) and tons more features.

I’ve also just broken open the piggy bank and invested in a Rickenbacker 4003

Beautiful tone and really comfortable to play. It’s taking a while to get into all the settings but that’s half the fun I guess :slight_smile: . I really need a second amp tho: 25W isn’t really cutting it and I want to exploit the stereo ‘Rick o sound’ output.

However, for now, the plan is to get the action lowered a little on the Ibanez.

25 Likes

Good for you, @Ed . . . great looking basses, and welcome to the Forums! :slight_smile:

I was thinking about a Rick myself, but there’s a backlog for a few months.

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Thanks man - great to be here :slight_smile: . It was indeed a bit of a search …

7 Likes

Welcome @Ed! Nice gear you have there.

7 Likes

@Ed, Sweetwater has a Mapleglo available, but that’s about it. My sales guy says Rickenbacker will be a few months behind in their orders. I’m also interested in the “Rick o Sound” concept, and have my eye on an Autumnglo 4003 . . . :wink:

See you around the Forums!

7 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: - I really need to pick up some new amps but my bank won’t be too happy for a bit… :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome @Ed
Good to see another Rick owner here. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Welcome Ed, nice Rick

6 Likes

Oh yeah? :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: whatcha got?

6 Likes

Thanking you :+1:

6 Likes

Love the Ricky, there is nothing better.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Gotta a black and white 4001 @Ed

6 Likes

Oo nice. I was originally going for the jetglo but there’s only like 2 examples in the country and they’re both left handed…

6 Likes

I was really lucky as a member on here sold it to me and he lives relatively locally

7 Likes

Awesome, you should throw some black strings on there

4 Likes

I also love photography. I’ve captured the moment as I start my bass journey. Here’s my Yamaha TRBX604.

25 Likes

I love that translucent black so much.

7 Likes