Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Yeah, that’s what I mean by the crazy bit. :wink:

Plus, Shipping & Insurance and then +22% for VAT and Customs. That’s the bit that hurts the most!

10 Likes

Wow, yeah, it all adds up… But, if you’re willing and able to spend that kind of money on the bass of your dreams, more power to you!

8 Likes

Looks like 380,000 yen is equal to $3,480 or 2,959 euros . . . :thinking:

{ahem} . …I’m not going crazy or anything . . . :wink: . . . just looking

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

I justify it by just having one bass. I’d rather have one of these than 5 others. Just how I am, but others like to have a family of basses and that’s cool too.

8 Likes

Okay, all joking aside . . . a quick scan around for these basses shows they are getting very difficult to find, @JT . . . :astonished:

So in addition to being a great gift for yourself, it may turn out to be a great investment for you as well . . . :wink: :+1:

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

FOR NOW :wink:

9 Likes

No justification needed. The cost goes away…but, the beautiful bass remains. As far as having “one”… I’ll be here watching for when you add a beautiful P bass to that jazz bass. Side note: I KNOW that Flea can make a $50 bass sound like the best bass in the world, and to each his own, but having chose to spend the money @JT, wait until you feel that bass in your lap and under your fingers… it’s heaven.

8 Likes

The funny thing is out of all the stores in Tokyo he ended up buying it from exactly the same store I bought my bass from last weekend. I probably saw the thing while I was there.

8 Likes

THAT IS AWESOME @JT!

My go crazy was the Custom Shop P-bass, so I am done with crazy for a little bit, but…I am heading to the ‘little shop over the bridge’ tomorrow and might do something just a little nutty…(stopped at bank for cash tonight).

8 Likes

I really appreciate that if you’re going to go all in make it an obnoxious cool color :+1::grin:

12 Likes

Yeah that pastel pink is a winner for sure. It looks like a strawberry milkshake. I love it.

8 Likes

very nice @JT,
that works out to be $5000 Aussie dollars :guitar:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Okay but that headstock design is to die for! And that pink will certainly stand out! Reminds me of strawberry milkshakes :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Looks really nice. How was the build on it? I purchased a Yamaha a while back and it was terrible. There was no shielding at all on the bass and it howled from it. It would snap when I would first touch the strings. The bridge ground was not all that good. I pulled it apart and sure enough no shielding at all in it. I shielded the entire bass, and fixed the bridge ground. I also finished the neck in high gloss. I have always liked a gloss finish on my basses. She really sings now. I was looking for a 24 fret bass to put flats on and it now fits that need. I like the look of the BB and thought I might like to purchase one but hesitated after the experience with the TRBX.

5 Likes

Build quality is nearly perfect (as my other three Yamahas have been.) Electronics have no noise from the preamp at all; the single coil J will pick up some interference like all single coil J’s will, but that’s just a J pickup characteristic, nothing to do with shielding, and has not been an issue so far.

Which TRBX did you have a problem with? Both my 304 and 604 have been top notch, quality wise.

4 Likes

You know what’s funny, Haraguchi of Nemophila just bought a new red Sadowski. It’s going around

4 Likes

Yeah, people are snatching them up now because Sadowsky Japan has ceased trading. Basically, Warwick is now making the new ones in Germany, apart from the very high-end custom ones made in NY by Roger Sadowsky’s workshop. Early reviews on the German ones is that they are still great basses, but use slightly different parts and aren’t to the same level of quality as the Japanese ones were. So, those that have wanted a new Japanese Sadowsky have to buy one now really, as once the stores finish selling them they are gone for good. I estimate there are only about 250 remaining globally from my searches.

7 Likes

just saw this, that is a great looking bass, not too many fender P/J’s, is it made in mexico? or american?

6 Likes

@nblucas Thank you! It’s American :nerd_face:

8 Likes

@Courtney_Vtown
That. Is. Awesome!

5 Likes