Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

This one’s even prettier :grin:

And very motivational story! I just get weird pictures in my head imagining a meeting with a stranger in a parking lot that ends in a jam session :sunglasses:

Good luck with everything!

4 Likes

you’re very welcome :smile:

5 Likes

I read that as if you picked bass because it was more minimalist than guitar - what with fewer strings. Duh!

They are both lovely looking basses and a gorgeous set-up for the photo. But now I’m imagining you sitting on the porch, in the woods, with your neighbour visiting from 10 miles over the hill, playing JJ Cale’s Clyde. Moonshine may be involved. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Man both this one and your SR are gorgeous but I bet you can guess that this Schecter is my favorite :slight_smile:

I may actually get an SR down the line though, Ibanez make great guitars and that whole series is right up my alley.

3 Likes

Yeah this kind of begs for a giant tube amp head and an 8x10 stack :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hohner-professional-b2-headless-bass_360_9eb5ff77b1a805316894df034a468547

11 Likes

Total impulse buy. My wife hates impulse buys. :rofl:

6 Likes

Hi all,
Really enjoying the course so far. Here is my first ever guitar along with my first ever amp :slight_smile: Its a SX Bass and Vox Pathfinder 10 amp which I bought for the princely sum of 90 quid second hand. When I graduate from the course I’ve promised myself an upgrade as a reward!

14 Likes

My newest purchase is this 5 string Spector Legend
This pic was just fresh out of the box, couldn’t wait to plug in to and rattle the windows

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @peterdylan . . . :slight_smile:

And good luck in the course!

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @peterdylan, thanks for sharing your gear! That SX looks totally workable, I’m curious if a nicer strap solves the neck dive issue you were telling me about on a B2B lesson page.

I’m sure you can get lots of “helpful advice” from forumgoers on what bass to upgrade to, there’s a lot of G.A.S. going around here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice Spector @stu.mcc! Freaking cool finish.

2 Likes

Thanks Josh, yep the SX is doing me proud so far but already taking a look at the options for that upgrade :slight_smile: Will get a better strap as you suggested - I found Lesson 5 on Module 4 really hard with the guitar constantly trying to get away from me!

3 Likes

I finally have something to contribute to this thread. There must be something wrong with my digestion, because I got hit with some serious… G.A.S.!

I’ve been lusting after these PJ Fender Mustang short scales for like, so long. I finally pulled the trigger because I need to fly with a bass next week, and I was too nervous about checking my Cirrus, so I grabbed a short scale I could carry on in a guitar case (or at least stand a chance of carrying onboard).

My review so far - f**king killer bass! Pickups both sound great, and the body is so cute. Gotta replace that puke-green pickguard though…

10 Likes

Awesome! Both these and the Squier Broncos are super cute.

3 Likes

Killer! You should play this bass in your next YT video - we want to hear you play it now!

4 Likes

What a nice catch ! I love those Mustang bass, and the P/J pickup configuration seems pretty perfect for a whole lot of musical styles.

I had a Bronco a few years ago. the pickup was not so good (in fact it’s a standard 6-poles Stratocaster guitar pickup under the cover), so I replaced it with an EMG HB (P-bass pickup in the shape of a standard guitar humbucker … a strange thing !) that I already had. It sounded pretty good. saddly I had to sell this bass.

3 Likes

If I get something like this what I actually am probably going to get is one of these:

32" medium scale P/J that Yamaha made for decades, nice little basses, they run for about $275 used and seem to have held that value for a while.

Or maybe an Ibanez Mikro :slight_smile:

Of course a Mustang is pretty tempting too though.

3 Likes

I would be curious about trying a 32" bass. this might be some kind of best of both world, at least for some players !

3 Likes

I played with one in a shop and it felt super easy to play, yet not unfamiliar at all. I could tell the difference but not in a bad way.

3 Likes

Very nice addition to your bass “family”, @JoshFossgreen . . . :+1:

If you keep suffering from GAS, you’re gonna need a second rack to hold all the additional members! :laughing:

Wishing you good luck, a safe flight, and happy playing, Joe

5 Likes