Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Indeed it is. Spector NS Dimension 5 Faded Black

Not as steep of a learning curve I thought it would be. But playing a “regular old Jazz Bass” after time on the Spector makes it feel like it’s a short scale instrument :rofl:

4 Likes

Beautiful looking instrument. I love the black hardware all the way around.
Might look sick with some black strings on it.
Or Orange, haha, Just sayin :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, there’s something about the Spector/Warwick body shape that just looks awesome.

5 Likes

Really nice Spector! Reminds me of a Dingwall with all the angled parts.

5 Likes

@JocoBear

Great combination choices. I always wondered why @JoshFossgreen did not include the TRBX174 in his Bass evaluations.

I started to learn Bass in February 2021 and initially bought the TRBX304 with the Rumble 40.
After 2 weeks I decided I was not happy with the tone I was getting out of the 304/Rumble 40 combination. I like the Blues and Motown type of tones.

After discussions, primarily with @howard, it was pointed out to me that active basses have a more punchier sound a passive Bass is more subdued. So in checking the difference between adding an active/passive switch and possibly upgrading the pickups it was more economical to just purchase the TRBX 504. I also discovered that upgrading the amp to the Rumble 100 gave me a larger speaker and a different tone range. So within my first two weeks I moved up to a TRBX 504 and Rumble 100.
This is all I play with now and to be honest I have absolutely no interest in any other Basses, or put another way, I have I have found MY perfect match and can concentrate on playing.

I have always felt that the best combination is one YOU are pleased with and YOU are happy to be around. These things become like another member of your family. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the journey, and don’t hesitate to ask ANY questions.
A greater bunch of people you will not find anywhere.

Last thought - If you have not checked out the Beginner to Badass course I urge you to do so. It is the best thing I was able to find for beginning Bass players and there is no risk.

3 Likes

I’m about 4 weeks into B2B and loving it. I actually feel semi-confident and am having a lot of fun learning. I appreciate all the practice tracks, I like to loop them and jam along.

5 Likes

Time to drag out my blasts from the past!!! I’ve had these 2 since the early 80’s. Ibanez RB824 Roadstar II, and my boat anchor Peavey T40. Just had them both setup so I can start my journey to badass!!! :grinning: Amp is a Roland Cube 60 bass also circa 1980’s.

Tony J

14 Likes

Oooohhhh!!! Love that Peavy.
The Ibanez is nice two. Looks like you unpacked two Gem’s. Along with that amp, you made a good investment back when, that will pay off now, and if not, you can cash out and be pretty satisfied with your interest gain.

3 Likes

Here’s my primary bass, a Made in Mexico (MIM) Fender P-Bass Special. I’ve had it for about 12~13 years, but have only started making real progress playing since I started the B2B lessons.
I’d wanted to play bass for a long time, and after buying an entry-level short scale off a friend, I did a lot of research when picking out my instrument. I loved the P-bass sound but didn’t find the neck comfortable to play, so when I found out about the P-Bass Special, with a thinner Jazz neck and P/J pickups, I knew that was the model for me. I purchased this one used on eBay, and the previous owner upgraded to a Badass II bridge and strung it with flatwounds.

22 Likes

Welcome @Flay
Glad you are here.
Sweet bass!

5 Likes

She’s a beaut!

5 Likes

Nice P special.
Welcome to bass buzz

5 Likes

Welcome @Flay! Nice bass you have there.

5 Likes

I went for a Hofner

23 Likes

Here’s mine, a Yamaha TRBX 604. I guess you could call it orange. :grin:

22 Likes

I have the 605 in the natural finish. I think the 600 series basses are gorgeous.

7 Likes

Great looking bass, @NipperDog . . . :+1:

I like that woodgrain . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Thanks Joe, the flame maple is what caught my eye in the first place.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Mikkaelson! Unfortunately the link to your picture doesn’t work :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Welcome @Flay. I have almost the identical bass except mine can be active as well as passive. I like the look of yours better (mine’s in my profile pic).

5 Likes