Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Got it from wdmusic.com. they have a ton of different types and styles. Pricey, and they take a while to be custom made but they do the job pretty well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That pickguard rocks, @quadfather .

3 Likes

Too bad there’s no place for her. That’s quite the square peg in a round hole. That said, I just ADORE the color of that bass. Lacquered, blue stained wood is amazing.

3 Likes

Definitely gives it some funk :smiley:

3 Likes

17 days, well done. :rofl:

4 Likes

Ha! Doesn’t count. I’ve had a Sire PBass on order for the past month, which I can now cancel. And I sold a bass over the weekend so my bass total is steady :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have reached an equilibrium with my basses.
I do want a ‘better 5er’ but that will force the sale of the TRBX305.

I also do want a fretless.
Both of these, however, I have decided I want to play a bunch of either of them before taking the plunge, so this will take time. Going to be more picky about them.
The Aerodyne has really changed my opinion of a few of my other basses, I REALLY like it.
So for these two oddballs I want to be picky with options.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I never really connected with how the Aerodyne plays. It’s light and doesn’t have a bad tone that I could find, and drop dead gorgeous, but I never warmed up to her. Not like I did my black Jaguar.

3 Likes

My new Yamaha TRBX174EW with an Orange Crush 25 amp. My first since I bought an unknown brand from Sears in the 1970s and sold it about a year later. Since I consider myself a complete novice, this was purchased purely on cosmetics. So far, I am really happy with it.

20 Likes

Looks great.
A bass that motivates you to play is all you need starting out (and honestly all you need down the line).

Good luck on your journey here.

5 Likes

Thanks. I had every intention on buying a Squier but this bass just called out to me.

4 Likes

If it makes you want to play it, it’s a good bass

The bass that gets the most playing time in my house right now is my $250 Squier Affinity.

5 Likes

That’s a nice rig @KentFrazier !

5 Likes

Very nice gear to start with.
:+1:

4 Likes

This one happens to be a good bass regardless, so good choice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, so, here’s mine:

This is a 2009-ish Ibanez SR300 that I’ll never get rid of because of my history with it. Back in 2009-ish, my GF had come into an inheritance, and she wanted to buy me a new bass. So we drove around hitting Guitar Centers and Sam Ashes and all sorts of music stores. We finally found this beauty at a Sam Ash and picked it up.

On the way home, we were stopped at a red light - and had been for a bit - when she glanced into the rear view mirror and suddenly screamed. Then the world went all sorts of wrong as we were rear-ended by a drunk driver going about 80. We were pushed through the intersection and about 20 feet past the crosswalk on the other side… luckily, there was no traffic in the intersection or on the other side of it. Her SUV was crushed to about half its normal size from the force of the impact.

Here’s the kicker: I had that bass sitting in the front seat with me, because I didn’t buy a case or bag (I already had one at home from a former bass) and I didn’t want it sliding around in the back of the car. So… instant attachment to it, it having survived a horrible accident literally by my side. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Nice bass and glad you are both alright from that accident!

I do f****** hate drunk drivers tho. I really hope that person never drives a car again :rage:

6 Likes

Yeah, we followed his court case for a while… he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, and took a great deal of facial damage, and tried to punch both the police and the paramedics as they were trying to help him. He was a mess.

6 Likes

@KentFrazier those Yamaha’s are probably the best bang for buck beginner bass guitar out on the market right now. I’ve had mine for 4 weeks now and love it.

3 Likes

Good day here.

First off, my Paranormal has the Seymour Duncan Apollo pickups, has been setup, and shipped, a full two months ahead when Squier had said they would ship.

Shipping is so unpredictable these days.

Speaking of shipping, my P Bass got here, my first on time shipment all year.

This baby is brand new, still has the plastic remnants on the pickguard screws where protective film was removed. Got it for a couple hundred used at GC, but there’s not a mark on it.

Tuned her up and bit of fret buzz, strings were not at tension, so pretty sure that will go away. Not in love with her voice yet, but if my Geezer pickup comes in today then I’ll have hit the trifecta.

I’ve a kickass bridge and D’Addarios waiting to go on her. Just wondering if I should repurpose my black bridge or stick with chrome.

This maybe heresy, but the tuning heads on the Squier are smoother than the ones on my Fenders.

Neck will take some adjustments. It’s wider at the nut like you’d expect, and thicker than a Jazz neck, but not the baseball bat you’d expect on a p.

Will probably read up on sanding the neck to get rid of the gloss.

Good day here.

17 Likes