Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Sometimes it’s just about doing something that makes you happy.
And that’s a great looking bass.

4 Likes

I guess it was the orange color that forced him to speak like that . . . :thinking:

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

For sure. It’s supposed to be a natural wood finish but will see for sure when it arrives end of week. I can determine at that point how big of a lock I need in my music room.

3 Likes

Over the last few months I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled on the used market for the “right Warwick at the right price”.

More specifically I’ve been looking for a German built 4 string thumb, preferably located in the EU to avoid any potential taxes and tarriffs nonsense. I’m also, by my own admission, a fussy bastid so condition needed to be excellent.

Well yesterday I found a likely candidate at an already good price and made a cheeky offer that I didn’t really expect to be accepted, except it was!

So now I’m waiting patiently for this to arrive!

Personally, I’m gonna blame @Mac when my wife sees it. :wink:

17 Likes

Nice! Like the finish. Congrats @HowlinDawg, have fun playing it and good luck getting a thumb up from your wife :joy:

4 Likes

Wow that neck! I do love the gold frets with the Warwick woods. Congrats @HowlinDawg !

4 Likes

Nice pickup @HowlinDawg ,
Looks just like mine except for the Gold hardware and lighter colored woods,
you wont be disappointed,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

That is some nice wood you’ve got there, HowlinDawg.

4 Likes

Very very nice.

5 Likes

It’s horrible @HowlinDawg . To save it upsetting your wife I’ll PM you my address and you can send it here :joy::joy::joy:

Seriously, congratulations. It’s a real beauty.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful @HowlinDawg !

3 Likes

Thanks Mac, I knew you’d have my back! :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks all, it will be shipped tomorrow so I’ll post some proper pics when it arrives.

7 Likes

The front door has been busy this morning!
Flame Japanese Aerodyne #3.
She’s in beautiful shape. Previous owner spray painted pickguard black. May have to get original white made and proper black will see.

I bought a Hercules “tree stand” for the three but quickly learned drop D extenders and hanging stands don’t mix. The entire weight hits the drop D lever. So the hollow bodies are going to the tree stand instead.

14 Likes

That looks like it’s been really well looked after John, a nice find indeed.
It might even be nicer than the blue. :thinking:

3 Likes

It is in much better shape than the blue PJ, but as mint as the blue JJ.
Letting it acclimate a bit before I play it (then rip it apart and put Geezers in it!)

2 Likes

Aerodynes are just sexy. Nice woodgrain

3 Likes

These are now like my silver Conn saxes to me. 3 down, 4 to go (flame red, flame walnut, flame burst, flame Koa special edition).

2 Likes

I’ve gotta say, I like your style John! :sunglasses:

3 Likes