Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

:joy:

3 Likes

Tough as nails! In my youthful ignorance, I put that bass through a lot & it just keeps on ticking. I’d never get a rosewood fingerboard that nice for a decent price on a new instrument, either. Hard to see in these photos, but it is beautiful, rippled, incredibly dark, like red wine or henna on dark brown hair.

7 Likes

My first bass was an RBX200,
It’s an awesome bass that I would never part with👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Aww, nice! What colour? Pics? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here ya go @cg_postbunk ,
Couple pics of my original black RBX, I bought this one around 1988,
The Orange one is a Bassbuzz pimped RBX I bought couple years ago from a pawn shop, it was purchased to replace 1 tuner on my original.
Cheers Brian

19 Likes

Welcome @thunderstorm74
love the colour

3 Likes

I’ve think about it but decided to don’t go with gold string. I wanted to keep it subtil. And I really like my cobalt flat… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That orange one is the one @TNKA36 showed us yesterday at the hangout. It’s wrapped and that gave me the inspiration to wrap my new Moolah bass.

4 Likes

LOVE these, especially the one on the left. Gorgeous.

4 Likes

Prepare to be bored :joy:

15 Likes

That rug @Mac

5 Likes

Oh yeah @Barney .
I gave the seller sh1t about it yesterday :joy:
Apparently its a $100 special from the local hardware store. Tried to get it thrown in as part of the deal but he wouldn’t budge :joy:
Got me an extra $100 knocked off the price though

4 Likes
7 Likes

But where’s the battery go?

5 Likes

Very envious of this bass @mac.
It’s perfect

4 Likes

WOW! I take that as a major compliment from you @John_E . Thank you

:joy:

4 Likes

I just bought a beautiful Warmoth P/J with a total Warmoth build, Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounders in mint condition. I tried to copy the ad but being old and ignorant has its limitations. I’ll post pics when I get it.

I figured out how to do it!

11 Likes

That is the most exciting thing I’ve seen all day @Mac . How does it sound?

6 Likes

Looks sharp @EddieJones - I am considering a Warmouth neck to replace a Fender P with and turn it into a J. I like the customizations they do.

5 Likes

Like a baritone angel @AnotherJosh

7 Likes