Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Gorgeous! Congrats!

5 Likes

This is true. Pretty sweet bass that though

3 Likes

My first bass. According to the serial it’s a 2014 Ibanez ATK800 and unlike all other 800’s its body and headstock aren’t stained in walnut.

The first owner did some digging. Turns out this was some sort of colorway experiment. For 2016 Ibanez decided to ditch the stain, replace the headstock logo and control knobs with black ones, and rebrand it as the 810. Since everything else was the same, my ‘fake’ 810 was sent to the Netherlands to serve as a demo model.

Other than some buckle rash and a tiny dent it’s flawless. Paid €400 for it incl. a hard case. Pretty good deal if you ask me and a pretty sweet first bass as well. I am thinking of replacing the pickguard though. Something to break up all that ash. Black maybe?

20 Likes

Now I just gotta decide if I’m keeping the Yamaha and/or the Schecter around. I’ll have to do some soul searching in the next couple of weeks

5 Likes

Cool find and a nice bass.

6 Likes

Nice bass! I’m a sucker for natural finish instruments.

Personally, the only pickguard I would replace it with is one of those chrome, reflective ones that I’ve seen on other basses around here. To match the chrome under the bridge and bridge pickup, and the tuners. Otherwise I’d leave it clear. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t mean some random piece of plastic.

There’s a lumber yard nearby that sells all kinds of wood, including tops for acoustic guitars. Those are too big but they do have a scrap bin with pieces that are just right. Something with a nice grain or figuring, stained black to match the pickups and controls…

Chromed out could look pretty sweet as well. Guess I’ll mess around in Photoshop for a bit.

5 Likes

My Cort B5 Element! My first bass after years of being uninspired and lame on el. guitar. I feel I have found my calling with bass.

Just bought the course today to make sure I don’t transfer my bad habits from guitar to bass. I am aware that there is still a ton to learn. Thanks to Josh, that is easier than ever!

19 Likes

As mentioned, I’m a sucker for natual finish basses. Your Cort is gorgeous.

6 Likes

Thanks! I love the roasted maple neck and the mahagony on the body.

5 Likes

Started with the Squire

But quickly went to

The Fender

updated. backup rig. Ibanez SR500E

19 Likes

10 Likes

I see you found a home for that stack of 20’s behind the Squire :crazy_face:
That Fender looks badass!

7 Likes

It suffers from operator error occasionally but it really bitchin.

8 Likes

Ha! I like it! Im lookin to make that Squire to Fender jump myself and on the hunt. Congrats on your find👍

6 Likes

Thanks Jason. Best wishes on your search.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t be too hard to find… i’m sure it’s just right over there in one of those metal boxes

8 Likes

Well, here it is. My Artist 3/4 Bass. I’ve tried it I love it and much easier to handle.

16 Likes

Enjoy @fleurenf .
I too bought a short scale (SX) a while ago but unfortunately never seem to pick it up off the rack

8 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes