Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

14 Likes

Worth it for the looks alone.

2 Likes

That carpet reminds me of some of the acid trips I had in the 70’s

3 Likes

Sweet! I nearly went for one of those myself. This, however, is something I can say about at least a dozen basses :joy:

3 Likes

Love that white Thunderbird! Bought mine about 2 months ago and love it! :+1:

2 Likes

Currently on its way to me :heart:

Just have to figure out a way on how to hide it from the wife…

10 Likes

Is it a short-scale?? Then, no problem :crazy_face:

1 Like

A fellow Gibson owner . . .

Good luck with yours, @rickpalacios1973 . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

It’s reddish… It’s kinda heart shaped… just tell her she already got you your Valentine’s Day present. :upside_down_face:

My wife and I have a simple agreement. Whatever I spend on my stuff, she gets for her stuff.

2 Likes

Awesome.
I’ve been hankering after a short scale for some years, and had a short list of a mahogany Greco SG or a Reverend Wattplower (SG derived shape) but then a mahogany Supro came up near where I live at a price I couldn’t resist so I got that.
In an ideal world where finance wasn’t an issue, I’d still love an SG though :+1:

3 Likes

Back when my father in law was alive, my mother in law would buy stuff, put it in the loft for six months or so months and then retrieve it and put it on display (it was usually ornaments, vases, or other objet d’art).

On seeing it, he’d say “Where did that come from?” to which she would, truthfully, reply “Oh that, we’ve had that for ages.”

He knew the score, of course, but it was one of those rituals that had to be gone through apparently.

4 Likes

That’s a wizard jape :ok_hand:

I’m a massive fan of any sort of wizard jape :+1:

3 Likes

I was happy to see that Schecter wasn’t left out above, although I have to say I feel it’s a little underrepresented for how much I love them. He’s (gotta be a guy because you don’t slap women) been stored for a long time since I’ve been living in apartments and found it difficult to play without bothering the neighbors but I just bought my first house and the first thing I did was dust him off and buy the beginner to badass course! I don’t remember what strings are on it right now, they are rounds though. Heading up to Sweetwater next week to get him all set up proper!

11 Likes

She’s a beauty @jacampbell!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

Love the red flame maple burst. Matching headstock too, looks great. It’s kind of uncanny how close that looks to my Yamaha actually, so obviously I love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice, @jacampbell :slight_smile:

Good luck with the course, too!

3 Likes

Wow, you are either up very late… or very early…

Or, you are in the US at the moment!?!

Sorry, not any of my business, obviously… just wondering (is how my mind works)! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s 5:40 am and I am grumpy. I am NOT a morning person.

3 Likes

And yet, here you are, appreciating/praising someone else’s bass :smile:Kudos!!

3 Likes

Sweet, yeah, my very first bass when I started playing last Spring was a Schecter, a Stiletto Extreme, same exact color, I call her Lipstick, she’s a rockin’ bass! This might be her twin, and you’ve got a much better case! I agree, Schecter is pretty underrepresented for sure, such a quality bass, and fun to play. Enjoy B2B and crankin’ up the volume :slight_smile:

1 Like