Show us your microphones

Cool. You should grab a SM57 too and do a side by side to see if you can tell any meaningful difference. I am genuinely curious.

1 Like

Well put man, well put.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a better one for my Christmas list from the family (Vs the $500 one. Lol)

I have wanted one for a long while.
Iā€™m more curious where the Rode NT-1A fits in there with them both.

1 Like

I paid no more than a couple of hundreds for each and everyone of my basses and mics.

Thatā€™s my story I told my wife and Iā€™m sticking to it, lol.

5 Likes

Oh man you guys have some nice stuff! Looks like I may need to upgrade. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Repeat these ā€œif it works, it worksā€ and ā€œdonā€™t go down that rabbit holeā€.
If those fail: visit the GAS section cause youā€™ll probably find members in that mic rabbit hole :joy: :rabbit::rabbit2:

1 Like

My Toa K1:

Seen better days, a small condenser from the 90s thatā€™s slept on and can be found cheap. I have a lead on another one about 2 hours drive awayā€¦

My SM-57 has also seem better days:

My Digital Reference DRDK7 drum mics set:

Apparently I donā€™t have pics of my Digital Reference DRV200 dynamic vocal mic. Iā€™ll fix that when I get homeā€¦

2 Likes

I have quite a few mics in my locker, and what I use depends on what Iā€™m trying to do. The mic I use the most for recording is a Slate Digital VMS ML1. Right behind it would be a matched pair of sE8 sdcā€™s. For live vocals, I use a Shure WBH54B headworn condenser mic.
While I love the sound of that mic, itā€™s poorly designed and the boom can easily flop out of position.

:rofl: