Sites that claim they find a songs key

Oh very interesting! Thank you, I will dive in this rabit hole at once!

@Celticstar I 've been noodling and doodling since 2010 with my bass but I haven’t been faithful to a routine, and at some point my hypothyreoidism struck my fingers and didn’t play for 5 years or so. I started by myself, learning the fretboard and just playing songs I liked but no progress at all. After many years of searching for a course I found Josh and it’s the only course I’ve followed even in theory. Now I am at module 9, been there for a long time; I breezed through up to triads relatively easy (excluding Billy Jean XD ).

2 Likes

I always said she was a BITCH

Best advice for beginners, when hitting that lesson, is to just not sweat it.
Watch the lesson video, try the slow workout, and MOVE ON.

I am not saying forget it. Come back after a few more lessons and try it again.
Still can’t do the slow workout - rinse and repeat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We’ve all been there.

2 Likes

@Celticstar how far did you get through the course before deciding it wasn’t for you and got a full refund?

Why do you ask?

I just wondered because you’re an experienced guitarist, but new to Bass; how you found the Billie Jean module? Could you cruise through it? Or did you struggle like most of us?

I could only do the slow version of Billie Jean at about 30 bpm.
The rest I just breezed through.

Of all the stringed instruments I play I found the Bass to be the easiest to learn but playing guitar since 1972 was definitely an asset. After all, the standard Bass tuning is the same as the guitar, except moved down an octave, and less strings 1 and 2 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I just did the slow one and left it there to rot lmao I will visit it again in time!! XD

1 Like

Did I miss it? What is the name of the song and who plays it? I think we could clarify everything if we had that information.

That’ll show the BITCH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hey there, no you didn’t miss, I didn’t want to put it there so it wouldn’t seem like begging for tabs which is not my intention :smile:
If you still want to check it’s a song named “Until the End” by Coffinshakers.
It has a goth/rockability feeling to it, bass is clear in my ears mostly, except maybe the rhythm change in the chorus I miss some beats - haven’t been at home a lot this week so I didn’t have the time nor the clarity to try it further the chord progression :frowning:

1 Like

Great! Thank you!

From what I found, the song is in G major. Chord progression is a very common I-vi-IV-V: Gmajor, Eminor, Cmajor, Dmajor (more than likely a D7).
A lot of old country and 50s rock songs use that very common progression in many different keys.

3 Likes

It’s the most common progression in popular music, period. It’s crazy how many songs use that or a variation of it.

2 Likes

Sorry had an injured back and couldn’t even sit on my pc rather play bass.
That’s a progression that I’ve seen it again indeed but my ear couldn’t really identify it from the start.
I will try to play again today after so much time.
My plucking finger can’t really grasp the pluck pattern either, to me it sounds like they try to emulate the double bass plucking but I might be wrong

1 Like

Hope your back is feeling better soon!!! I know! That kind of pain is no fun!

1 Like

Need an xray but I’m getting better everyday. <3 Thank you!