So I bought a Guitar!

Ahhh I messed up. Yeah that’s the one I meant.

1 Like

That sounds really great as a preamp!

2 Likes

yeah, certainly one of my favorites !

Do you mic your cabs @terb? Would be cool to hear how that sounds.

No, I never do this. it’s too complicated, and it doesn’t sound any better than an IR or a good modeling amp.

2 Likes

Have played the guitar since I was a kid, but acoustic only. Bought this Epiphone Nancy Wilson guitar (basically a Nighthawk) last year and just received it last month.! Having fun playing it with all the effects using my Yamaha THR30 and I actually sound like I know how to play it! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow so… I was just looking at these for a new board I want to put together. I wanted “the essential metal tone” and it looks like I found it.

Great sales pitch, @terb ;D

3 Likes

I changed my Mandolin strings for the first time today and it wasn’t too bad. I usually like to clean and oil the fretboard when I change strings, but I didn’t want to play with the intonation today, so I changed them one at a time to make sure I didn’t move that floating bridge.

The strings are under some serious tension in these little suckers! I kept hearing crackle and pops as I was bringing them up to pitch and was concerned one of them was going to pop.

Interesting string anchoring going on at the bridge!

4 Likes

That, my friend, looks like it could grate some cheese

1 Like