Love you for it. Congrats on life!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!

5 Likes

I just got my 9 month chip

8 Likes

Congratulations @T_dub

6 Likes

Congratulations 101, and everyone else who is dealing with these or any other kind of hardships. Truly awesome work. Hopefully we can all find solace in the music and can focus our energies on becoming great musicians.

8 Likes

Yeah, much respect to all of you folks!

6 Likes

Lots of respect and encouragement to you @T_dub, and everyone else who is showing their determination.

6 Likes

@T_dub Toby that’s a big one well done. It aint easy but bass is a great replacement.
Jamie

5 Likes

Yeah, Bass has been a great replacement for sure.
This is not the first time I got 9 months, it is actually my 2nd time. I had a bit over 5 years before. But yes, with My daughter dying in the Ambulence ,and then being brought back, 2 more times in the ER when I was a little over 3 months, I can say it has been a real challenge. There have been a few other things happen in that past 9 months that were also very challenging to get thru, but I made it thru, and my Basses, B2B, This BassBuzz community, Talking bass, Lessons with Josh, and some other stuff has been nothing short of life saving. And that is a stone cold fact.

9 Likes

I can’t even begin to imagine. That’s so out of scope of my experiences that I get a theoretical idea but not more.
Good job making it through and also mastering the other challenges life has given you.

It’s not the same but before starting B2B I was on a dangerous streak of depression due to lack of social contacts - I wasn’t suicidal but it’s a fact that B2B and this community helped me overcome that depression. Actually like… Immediately. Like a switch was flipped.

So congratulations to your achievement and making it through despite all the hardships life threw at you!

10 Likes

It is very serious as well, it can be as bad and even worse, so congratulations on making it out of there.

My best friend, and tattoo artist (who I just saw, should I post a pic?} A Huge Family man, to the max, loves family above all, especially his 5 daughters, grandson and two granddaughters, lost his oldest daughter 2 years ago. At that time, and to this day, I can not imagine the amount of pain he felt, I could only be there for him to lean on as needed to get through it.
I came close, way closer then I ever wanted to be, and it was hard, and he, among many others were there for me to get through the time. It was 8 days in the hospital until we were able to find out that she was OK.
The first 23 hours, every update we got from any hospital staff began and ended with “IF She lives, …”
The next 3 days it was “if she is not brain dead”
“The 5th day they told us that they needed to amputate her foot
The 6th day they amputated her foot
The 7th day they stopped the induced coma and turned off the respirator, but left the tubes in in case she stopped breathing on her own it was back up
The 8th day they removed the tubes and she talked to me and I knew she was still there, and her brain was fine.
I was present and in the moment, I was able to be a loving supporting father in her time of need, had I gone and gotten loaded to drown away my fears and sorrows, I would not have been and that would be a best case scenario, cuz had I gone out to get loaded anytime during those 8 days, there is a high likelihood I would be in a hospital bed next to her, or in a grave.
I am not a religious person by upbringing, but I have a friend that has a saying that I like, and it fits well with this

“God gives his bravest soldiers his toughest battles.“

I am very grateful that I have a daughter that it alive, walking (on a prosthetic), talking, thinking, singing, smiling, living, Soon to be playing bass and finishing B2B (she did module 1 before having to go to rehab, and once living situations are figured out, we will continue)
Many people always tell me, man, that sucks, that is horrible, that is the worst, she lost a leg (foot 1/2 way to the knee)
I flip it around, no, it is great, she is alive, I still have all 3 daughters alive today.

Another saying I like also, and it fits this statement

“Grateful people are Happy people, those that aren’t, aren’t”

And I will shut up with one last corner saying that is just so darn good.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That’s why they call it the present

Just the outline and shading, the red and finish shading goes in next time. This was a short session, about 20 min.

8 Likes

Hell man, I teared up reading that ! :flushed:

6 Likes

Since this is a thread about things to celebrate, I wanted to share with all my friends on the forum that this is a 10 year anniversary for me today.
10 years ago I was working away on a contract in the UK, but a long way from home. I started to have some symptoms which I knew warranted getting checked out by a doctor, but in true man fashion then had a debate with myself that it won’t be anything serious, I shouldn’t lose the salary by leaving work and travelling home, I can get checked out next time I’m home etc etc.
Anyway, the better half of my brain won the debate, I phoned my doctor from the clients car park, got an appointment for the next day, made my excuses and started the journey home.
That decision saved my life. Had I stayed at work and ignored it, it would have been game over.
Anyway 10 years ago today I had a major operation for colon cancer, had a large part of my bowel removed then 6 months of chemo.
Obviously during the initial time from diagnosis to recovery there were shitty times (perhaps the wrong choice of words in the circumstances) but also some humour when you look back at how much dignity you lose as a patient.
Anyway I am incredibly glad to be here, to be able to look back, and to look forward. To have a hobby I enjoy and a good life with my family.
And if any of you are ignoring things you know you should be getting checked out, especially you stubborn men, make the call.

12 Likes

To all the fighters and survivors
To those with inner demons or constant pressure from the outside
And to those facing hardship, loss and all the “slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” and whatever lemons life throws at us

• you guys ROCK!! And in more ways than one!!! :metal:
    Keep making MUSIC!! :notes:
10 Likes

@Mark_UK and I’m glad you did it’s good to meet you. Things like these make us very grateful, and family hugs worth sooooo much more. Here’s to the next ten years Mark

9 Likes

Well said @joergkutter :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks @Jamietashi, looking forward to the next 10.
Maybe in 10 years I may have learnt the fretboard :grin:

10 Likes

Mark for me to learn the fretboard, we’re talking Dalai Lama and future lives
:joy::joy::joy:
Jamie

8 Likes

So glad you got checked out @Mark_UK :+1:
As Jamie said here’s to the next 10 +

8 Likes

That’s what it is all about, and I carry the same sentiment every day.

So glad you made that RIGHT decision that day and are here to celebrate life and Bass daily with us all.

That goes for everybody, it is amazing and awesome that all of us, from all walks, through thick and thin, good and bad, fighting and winning many battles, we are all able to come together and celebrate thru bass, bass buzz and music.
I feel very fortunate and am very grateful to be here and have you all with me in one way or another on this journe we call bass,or life, or bass is life, or life is bass… something,anything, it is good, it is great

9 Likes